LOS ANGELES, OCTOBER 15th, 2020
Avasant has unveiled its Intelligent Automation Tools 2020 RadarView™, a comprehensive market assessment that recognizes the top 14 vendors offering intelligent automation tools. These vendors have shown technical capabilities and significant investments in their intelligent automation offerings across three dimensions – product maturity, enterprise adaptability, and innovation roadmap.
The report recognizes tool vendors in four categories:
- Leaders: Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, EdgeVerve, UiPath
- Innovators: Microsoft, NICE, Pegasystems, WorkFusion
- Disruptors: Kofax, Kryon Systems, Verint
- Challengers: Appian, Automation Edge, Jacada
Download the 52-page report here.
“In 2020 intelligent automation finally straddled the hype curve to shirk off detractors and deliver real business value,” said Anupam Govil, Avasant Partner and Digital Practice Lead. “Enterprises are now industrializing automation by developing a centralized program enabled by hyperautomation. They are embedding cognitive capabilities to handle exceptions and run integrated end–to–end workflows. The true potential of automation to manage unexpected surges and disruptions, such as those caused during the pandemic, has now made it an indispensable tool in the enterprise arsenal.”
Some key observations from the report include:
- The robotic process automation (RPA) industry has shifted toward hyperautomation, which leverages AI, ML, and NLP to enable end-to-end automation. Tool vendors have also evolved their solutions into enterprise-class suites covering the entire automation lifecycle by bundling process discovery, workflow orchestration, prediction and recommendation, document processing, analytics, and unified dashboards.
- Leading software vendors such as SAP, Microsoft, IBM, and Oracle have also entered the AI-led automation marketplace by embedding automation in their applications and platforms, organically or inorganically.
- Automation platforms are morphing into low-code platforms enabling point-and-click implementation. The emergence of private bot stores and an increasing number of marketplaces for pre-built bots, connectors, templates, workflows, scripts, and AI skills are further fueling citizen development. Emerging self-service capabilities such as self-healing, self-scaling, self-installation, and self-learned workflows will become more mainstream and enable ease of platform implementation.
- Flexible pricing options such as per-process/bot and outcome-based costing have been in vogue since the inception of RPA. Tool vendors are now increasing their focus on lowering TCO and lowering barriers to entry and scaling. Increased partnerships with software vendors and platforms such as MS Azure, Google, AWS are enabling solution bundling. SaaS models, bring your own license (BYOL), and unlimited automation packages are further impacting pricing dynamics and accelerating scalability.
- To help enterprises meet the surge in customer demand and interactions, tool vendors are offering free bots, specialized solutions such as Payroll Protection Program (PPP) bots, free RPA training programs, and conducting hackathons to identify new application areas. Use of “attended automation” in a remote environment can enable contact center agents to work from home and ensure service consistency, compliance, productivity, and employee engagement.
“The pandemic has led to an increased focus on automation tools that optimize operations and reimagine business models,” Avasant’s Principal Analyst Chandrika Dutt said. “To gain a competitive advantage, enterprises should invest in intelligent platforms and applications embedded with automation, prediction, and recommendation. Such platforms will create automated workflows that break down siloes, cut across functions, and connect processes end-to-end.”
Avasant is a leading management consulting firm focused on translating the power of technology into realizable business strategies for the world’s largest corporations. Specializing in digital and IT transformation, sourcing advisory, global strategy, and governance services, Avasant prides itself on delivering high-value engagements through industry-focused innovation and flexible client-based solutions.
Our seasoned professionals have an average of 20 years of industry-honed expertise, having conducted 1000+ engagements in over 50 countries. Avasant’s next generation consulting and advisory methods have made it the top-ranked firm in its class, with recognition from numerous organizations, including: Vault, NOA, IAOP, and Wall Street Journal.
Avasant’s engagement in the global market has inspired a strong commitment to community and purpose. Avasant Foundation supports technology and skill development programs to create employment opportunities for youth across Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Latin America.
For more information, visit https://www.avasant.com.
For inquiries contact:
T +1 310 643 3030