Avasant Recognizes Top Service Providers Accelerating Digital Transformation through its pioneering SAP S/4HANA Services 2020 RadarView™
LOS ANGELES, July 11th, 2020 Avasant has unveiled its SAP S/4HANA Services 2020 RadarView™, a comprehensive market assessment that recognizes the top 18 service providers for SAP S/4HANA services. These providers have shown technical capabilities and significant investments in their S/4HANA service offerings across three key dimensions – practice maturity, partnership ecosystem, and investments and innovation. The report categorizes SAP S/4HANA Services RadarView as follows:
- Leaders: Accenture, Capgemini, Deloitte, HCL, IBM, Infosys
- Innovators: NTT DATA, TCS, Tech Mahindra
- Disruptors: Cognizant, DXC, LTI, Wipro
- Challengers: Atos, Delaware, LSI Consulting, UST Global, Zensar
- Some key observations from the RadarView report include: The market outlook for S/4HANA is positive, as rapidly changing business conditions, a competitive landscape, and the need for business resiliency is encouraging enterprises to revisit their IT roadmaps to ensure alignment with their business objectives. SAP saw an acceleration in S/4HANA adoption (23% growth year-over-year) in March 2020.
- Many enterprises have integrated S/4HANA with their broader digital transformation strategy, while others have opted for a finance-first approach in this process, starting with S/4HANA Finance.
- Manufacturing and retail are at the forefront of S/4HANA adoption. At the growing number of smart factories and smart stores, demand has increased for consolidation and real-time analysis of massive volumes of data.
- About 56% of S/4HANA customers have re-engineered and simplified their business processes with a greenfield implementation, while others have taken a cost-optimized and a less-disruptive approach by focusing on a technical conversion.
- Many service providers have deployed automation in their delivery models to reduce the implementation cycle by up to 40%. A number of ready-to-run, pre-configured solutions that offer additional functionality, on top of SAP Model Company configuration are also gaining traction. Service providers report that these can reduce implementation time by 20%-30%.
- The innovative features and quarterly updates offered by SAP in its cloud edition for S/4HANA have helped it gain traction among enterprises that want rapid innovation. With SAP’s plan to integrate more digital technologies – such as blockchain and IoT capabilities – in the new versions, along with the wide availability of various cloud acceleration programs, will further fast-track digital transformations.
- As the 2027 support deadline for SAP ECC approaches, service providers are increasing their investments in their S/4HANA workforce to support the surge in implementations. They are spending more than 30% of their total investments in upskilling their team members with S/4HANA certifications through in-house training programs as well as in collaboration with SAP and academic institutions.