Avasant has unveiled its SAP S/4HANA Services 2020 RadarView™, a comprehensive market assessment that recognizes the top 18 service providers for SAP S/4HANA services. These providers have shown technical capabilities and significant investments in their S/4HANA service offerings across three key dimensions – practice maturity, partnership ecosystem, and investments and innovation.
The report categorizes SAP S/4HANA Services RadarView as follows:
- Leaders: Accenture, Capgemini, Deloitte, HCL, IBM, Infosys
- Innovators: NTT DATA, TCS, Tech Mahindra
- Disruptors: Cognizant, DXC, LTI, Wipro
- Challengers: Atos, Delaware, LSI Consulting, UST Global, Zensar
Download the 74-page report here.
“Many enterprises have demonstrated that SAP S/4HANA has transformed their critical functions,” said Naresh Lachmandas, Principal and Senior Fellow with Avasant “They were successful in their journey, because they were able to engage with service providers who excelled in their S4/HANA execution. They demonstrated a level of maturity within the framework, standardized repetitive tasks, and invested in capabilities and creative solutions to drive efficiencies in the delivery process.”
- Some key observations from the RadarView report include: The market outlook for S/4HANA is positive, as rapidly changing business conditions, a competitive landscape, and the need for business resiliency is encouraging enterprises to revisit their IT roadmaps to ensure alignment with their business objectives. SAP saw an acceleration in S/4HANA adoption (23% growth year-over-year) in March 2020.
- Many enterprises have integrated S/4HANA with their broader digital transformation strategy, while others have opted for a finance-first approach in this process, starting with S/4HANA Finance.
- Manufacturing and retail are at the forefront of S/4HANA adoption. At the growing number of smart factories and smart stores, demand has increased for consolidation and real-time analysis of massive volumes of data.
- About 56% of S/4HANA customers have re-engineered and simplified their business processes with a greenfield implementation, while others have taken a cost-optimized and a less-disruptive approach by focusing on a technical conversion.
- Many service providers have deployed automation in their delivery models to reduce the implementation cycle by up to 40%. A number of ready-to-run, pre-configured solutions that offer additional functionality, on top of SAP Model Company configuration are also gaining traction. Service providers report that these can reduce implementation time by 20%-30%.
- The innovative features and quarterly updates offered by SAP in its cloud edition for S/4HANA have helped it gain traction among enterprises that want rapid innovation. With SAP’s plan to integrate more digital technologies – such as blockchain and IoT capabilities – in the new versions, along with the wide availability of various cloud acceleration programs, will further fast-track digital transformations.
- As the 2027 support deadline for SAP ECC approaches, service providers are increasing their investments in their S/4HANA workforce to support the surge in implementations. They are spending more than 30% of their total investments in upskilling their team members with S/4HANA certifications through in-house training programs as well as in collaboration with SAP and academic institutions.
“To ensure a successful outcome, an S/4HANA strategy should be aligned with the expectations of key stakeholders and be part of their broader digital transformation goals,” Avasant Principal Analyst Chandrika Dutt said. “Organizations that have not yet started their S/4HANA journey should understand that this transformation is lengthy and complex. By starting early, enterprises can gain a competitive advantage by redefining business processes, leveraging the benefits of innovation, and avoiding the eleventh-hour rush to secure the best resources.”
Avasant is a leading management consulting firm focused on translating the power of technology into realizable business strategies for the world’s largest corporations. Specializing in digital and IT transformation, sourcing advisory, global strategy, and governance services, Avasant prides itself on delivering high-value engagements through industry-focused innovation and flexible client–based solutions.
Our seasoned professionals have an average of 20 years of industry-honed expertise, having conducted 1000+ engagements in over 50 countries. Avasant’s next generation consulting and advisory methods have made it the top-ranked firm in its class, with recognition from numerous organizations, including: Vault, NOA, IAOP, and Wall Street Journal.
Avasant’s engagement in the global market has inspired a strong commitment to community and purpose. Avasant Foundation supports technology and skill development programs to create employment opportunities for youth across Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Latin America.
For more information, visit https://www.avasant.com.
For inquiries contact :
T +1 310 643 3030