LOS ANGELES, OCTOBER 6th, 2020
Avasant has unveiled SD-WAN Managed Services 2020 RadarView™, its flagship report that recognizes 27 leading service providers as having brought the most value to the market over the past 12 months. Avasant evaluated over 36 providers using three key dimensions: Practice maturity, partnership ecosystem, and investment, and innovation.
The report categorizes the top Leaders, Innovators, Disruptors, and Challengers as follows:
Leaders: AT&T, HCL, IBM, Orange Business Services, and TCS.
Innovators: Infosys, Lumen Technologies (earlier CenturyLink), Masergy, NTT, Tata Communication, Tech Mahindra, Verizon, and Wipro.
Disruptors: Aryaka, BT, Cato Networks, GTT, Mphasis, Telefonica, T-Systems, Windstream, and Zensar.
Challengers: Atos, CBTS, Hughes System, Microland, and Telstra.
Download the 95–page report here.
“The global SD-WAN market in 2020 is seeing increasing competition with major acquisitions and further diversification of service offerings. Increasing Cloud adoption and dramatic changes in workforce distribution, precipitated by Coronavirus, are challenging every organization to maximize its network flexibility and intelligence. SD-WAN and SASE solutions can help businesses to addresses these requirements and manage the network perimeter securely, wherever company services and data are located,” said Mark Gaffney, Avasant Associate Director. “
The report provides a view into market trends and developments, and best practices to help build a granular understanding of the SD-WAN ecosystem. The study showcases the key capabilities of the service providers and their potential to help enterprises identify the right partner. It also highlights Avasant’s view on the road ahead for enterprises leveraging SD-WAN Managed Services over the next 12 to 18 months.
Some of the key findings from the report include:
- In the recent 12 to 18 months, the market has seen higher mergers and acquisitions within the SD-WAN market for platforms, automation, and cloud-based intelligence networks. For example, HPE agreed to purchase Silverpeak, and PaloAlto Networks acquired Cloudgenix. This trend will continue as more platform integrations happen going forward.
- About 20% of Global 2000 companies have deployed SD-WAN in the last 12 months. COVID-19 is resulting in a surge of full-scale SD-WAN deployments, as enterprises adopt remote working models and cloud-based technologies, with a focus on security and edge computing.
- Manufacturing saw tremendous growth this year with a 27% share of the revenue for SD-WAN managed services, followed by Telecom and Retail with 10% each, being the top three sectors. BFSI sector has seen increased adoption, as institutions progress towards more cloud-based solutions. During COVID-19, SD-WAN was instrumental in maintaining business continuity in industries such as Healthcare and Insurance.
- Service providers are integrating AI-Ops in their offerings to enable automated operations and business agility.
- SD-WAN is evolving rapidly and the adoption of SDx (Software-defined everything) is not far away to achieve the unification of complete network infrastructure and bridge IT silos.
Avasant’s Research Leader, Shwetank Saini, added, “SD-WAN is gaining traction with significant advancements in networking, and cloud-connected networks. While adoption of SD-WAN has gained momentum, more than 80% of the market share is yet to be tapped. There is a space for competition for new solutions and offerings. Significantly, the next generation of SD-WAN is here that integrates automation and AI to drive business policies with less intervention or customization.”
Avasant is a leading management consulting firm focused on translating the power of technology into realizable business strategies for the world’s largest corporations. Specializing in digital and IT transformation, sourcing advisory, global strategy, and governance services, Avasant prides itself on delivering high-value engagements through industry-focused innovation and flexible client-based solutions.
Our seasoned professionals have an average of 20 years of industry-honed expertise, having conducted 1000+ engagements in over 50 countries. Avasant’s next-generation consulting and advisory methods have made it the top-ranked firm in its class, with recognition from numerous organizations, including Vault, NOA, IAOP, and Wall Street Journal.
Avasant’s engagement in the global market has inspired a strong commitment to community and purpose. Avasant Foundation supports technology and skill development programs to create employment opportunities for youth across Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America.
For more information, visit https://www.avasant.com.
For inquiries contact:
T +1 310 643 3030