Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Accenture leverages industry-specific acquisitions and collaborative approach towards innovation to strengthen its consulting and delivery capabilities.”
- Accenture has an extensive portfolio for airline and airport clients, covering areas such as passenger experience, airlines and airport operations, and cargo operations.
- Drives industry focus through its subsidiary Seabury Consulting, which brings domain knowledge, subject matter experts (SMEs) and proprietary tools and technology to deliver value to clients.
- Leverages emerging technologies to develop innovative solutions for clients, including applying AI for passenger requests (Japan Airlines), developing chatbots to enhance digital customer experience (Avianca), and blockchain technology for marketing campaigns (Cathay Pacific).
- Has developed solutions and accelerators that provide multiple capabilities to its airline clients to enhance customer experience and operational performance. For instance, its Aviation Experience Accelerator offers process orchestration, single view of data, multi-channel interaction and customer experience capabilities that span across the entire travel journey.
Investments and Innovation
- Accenture has made multiple strategic acquisitions to expand its aviation capabilities: Seabury Consulting in 2017 (the corporate advisory and aviation consulting businesses of Seabury Group) and Enaxis Consulting in 2018 (to enhance its digital and data science capabilities).
- Has a dedicated airline innovation center in Dublin focused on using the latest technologies (IoT, AI, Analytics, Robotics, VR and AR) to generate new ideas and evaluate new industry use cases. It has also set up a co-innovation center with Bangalore International Airport Limited to incubate and develop future-ready technologies for engaging passenger experience.
Partnership and Ecosystem
- Accenture has a strong partnership ecosystem developed through alliances with leading product companies. It has partnered with Amadeus to building standalone and integrated solutions for airlines and PROS for pricing strategy.
- Has partnered with Star Alliance to develop and implement a platform that will enhance digital services being offered to travelers in its 28-airline member network.
- Actively engages the start-up ecosystem to drive innovation for airlines. It partnered with Skift to host the Air Pitch Startup Competition in 2018. Over 50 companies participated, sharing ideas that reimagined loyalty, reconsidered payments technology, and focused on revenue management.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.