Infosys recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Airlines and Airports Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for Airlines and Airports Digital Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
“Infosys ensures breadth of solutions through continuous innovation and integration of emerging technologies.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Infosys has airlines and airports expertise in both functional areas such as marketing and commercial, guest/ passenger experience, planning, flight and crew ops, inflight, cargo ops and baggage handling, as well as technology areas including infrastructure, IT architecture and business technology, enabling them to deliver solutions across the entire industry value chain.
- Has a wide portfolio of offerings across major company categories in the airlines and airports industry providing solutions for manufacturers, airlines, airports, as well as technology companies such as SITA and Amadeus. Further, its Aerospace and Defense practice implements ‘connected’ cabin systems to serve passengers, crew, airlines, and aircraft manufacturers.
- Focused on building IP assets for AI (NIA) and automation (Assistedge) capabilities and using these to augment its industry solutions. For instance, it has built the Infosys Enterprise Cognitive Platform (iECP), a proprietary track-and-trace platform to monitor the movement of baggage / freight as well as assets at airport terminals. The platform combines ML, cognitive learning and AI capabilities from its proprietary assets.
Investments and Innovation
- Prioritizes innovation and organizes innovation days and hackathons to co-discover new ideas, perform rapid prototyping to shortlist ideas and make them execution-ready.
- Has a variety of PoCs and innovative solutions across various use cases for the airlines and airports industry. These include AR/VR solution for MRO/ engineering and simulation and training, IoT-based asset tracking and AI chatbot for passenger and operational assistance and automation of airline operations.
Partnership and Ecosystem
- Leverages partnerships with technology providers to develop innovative solutions and offerings for airlines and airports clients. For instance, it has partnered with Microsoft and uses its HoloLens to develop AR/VR solutions for aircraft maintenance and repair.
- Worked as a member for the Smart Airline Baggage Management testbed along with GE to help airlines comply with the IATA resolution to be introduced in 2018. Provided project management support for the testbed and system integration expertise through their GE Predix and other practices.
Infosys’ Airlines and Airports Practice
2019 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
2019 SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView Report
2019 Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
2019 Cybersecurity RadarView™ Report
2019 Applied AI and Advanced Analytics RadarView™ Report
2019 Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.