HCL recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Applied Intelligence and Advanced Analytics Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Applied Intelligence and Advanced Analytics Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
“Comprehensive offering backed by large practice, diverse partner ecosystem. Acquisitive approach and significant IP investments.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- HCL has a Digital & Analytics (DNA) practice under their Mode-2 strategy, offering AI and advanced analytics solutions and products across multiple verticals and process areas. It delivers a comprehensive set of offerings, backed by 5 global labs and innovation centers, and 7 data analytics centers of excellence.
- In terms of pricing structure, HCL utilizes a platform-focused, catalog-based, and business-outcome-based commercial model, which has helped them to win new logos.
- HCL has a distributed client base with significant focus on BFSI, retail & CPG, high tech and insurance. It has developed industry-specific use cases such as DigiBank for digitizing KYC process during customer onboarding, image analytics, and voice biometrics.
- HCL and Microsoft have jointly set up a dedicated technology development center called Lab 21, which focuses on developing AI-enabled solutions leveraging the Microsoft AI platform and Azure.
- On the academic front, it has partnered with MIT (jointly developing AI solutions), University of California Berkeley (research in AI/ML), University of California Irvine (digital transformation) and Carnegie Mellon University (developing AI algorithms).
Investments and Innovation
- HCL has taken a balanced approach to strengthen its AI & Analytics capabilities. Some of the key acquisitions include Actian in 2018 (USD 330M), DataWave in 2017 (GBP 7M), VolvoIT in 2016 (USD 138M) and IBM’s product suite.
- It has also invested in creating a differentiated value proposition through Data Marketplace (DMP), a secure and metadata-driven catalog-based product.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.