CenturyLink recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Cybersecurity Services 2020.Read the Avasant report
“Expanding the partner network and SOCs to deliver services globally. Continues to strengthen its government portfolio.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- CenturyLink rebranded its Threat Research Labs as Black Lotus Labs, which forms one of the core elements of its security strategy. It applies big data analytics, ML and AI capabilities to drive differentiation.
- It offers an in-house SIEM platform, Security Log Monitoring, which it developed after its acquisition of netAura in 2016. It uses Splunk for some of the services, including for customer-facing web-based experience.
- In terms of geographic scope, the majority of its revenue is driven by North America, followed by Latin America (driven by firewall services), and Europe (driven by DDOS mitigation capabilities). It has plans to expand security log monitoring services to EMEA and LATAM regions.
- It works with various federal government agencies, including the US Department of the Interior (DOI), US Census Bureau for network modernization which involves managing the core network including managed security services, and providing secure cloud connectivity.
- It plans to integrate threat defense solutions with SD-WAN and other third-party virtualized, cloud and endpoint products.
- CenturyLink is expanding its global channel partner program into the EMEA region to overcome the language barrier which its North American partners face while engaging with its global customers. The partner list would include VARs, master and sub-agents, SIs and solution providers.
- To strengthen its DDOS mitigation services, CenturyLink works with various vendors: Arbor Networks, Radware, Juniper Networks and Nokia/Alcatel-Lucent.
- Its Black Lotus Labs also collaborates with the internet community, data center community, and application providers to track and disrupt botnets such as Necurs as well as to help notify other network owners about potential risks.
Investments and Innovation
- To address the growing security demand from Asia-Pacific organizations, CenturyLink opened its 8th SOC in Singapore to offer network-based security solutions. It ranks China, India, Vietnam, and Indonesia the highest for the potential risk of malicious cyber activity in Asia-Pacific region.
- The Singapore Center will also be utilized to develop local talent and cross-industry skillsets such as incident analysis, incident management and response, and threat intelligence.
- It has opened 4 new scrubbing centers to offer DDOS mitigation services. These centers follow the on-demand or always-on service model and offers a flexible and simplified pricing structure.
CENTURYLINK’S CYBERSECURITY SERVICES PRACTICE
2019-2020 UTILITIES DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 HEALTHCARE DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 AIRLINES AND AIRPORTS DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 SD-WAN MANAGED SERVICES RADARVIEW REPORT
2019 DIGITAL MASTERS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 CYBERSECURITY RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 APPLIED AI AND ADVANCED ANALYTICS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 INTERNET OF THINGS SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 HYBRID ENTERPRISE CLOUD SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.