CGI recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Cybersecurity Services 2020.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- CGI is serving customers across the globe from its offices and delivery centers, providing cyber-services including 24x7x365 protective monitoring, cyber threat intelligence, threat hunting, and incident response and forensics. It helps manage security needs, from compliance and audits to policies and architecture. It also helps IT security product vendors in auditing and testing their software and systems.
- Last year, it witnessed growth from the US Federal segment primarily driven by new business revolving around its IP solutions, application support and cybersecurity services.
- It strengthened its space software and cybersecurity solution portfolio by acquiring Scisys. This expanded its reach in the European space segment, including the European Commission.
- It is providing support to the Manchester Digital Cyber Resilience Centre in the UK, which has been built as a joint venture initiative between Greater Manchester Police and Manchester Digital. The intent is to improve the cyber sector in the region and increase the volume of reported attacks.
- CGI has partnered with a fintech start-up to develop a platform that provides a secure mode of payment service and fraud protection and enables the biller to have communication with the customer.
- In collaboration with Dundee City Council, Abertay University, and the Scottish Business Resilience Centre, it organized an event to address ethical hacking, automation, sophisticated data analytics, and cyber governance. This event was a precursor to the opening of the cybersecurity hub in Dundee, which was jointly funded by Scottish and UK governments.
Investments and Innovation
- To strengthen its position in the UK, CGI opened its 9th Cyber Security Centre in Bridgend, South Wales. Through this center, it plans to add a team of 100 analysts to provide IT and cloud security services to organizations across the UK and Ireland. Earlier, it opened 2 new offices in Salford and Liverpool taking its total office count in the UK to 21. It also has plans to expand its presence in Scotland.
- To expand its Lafayette-based US delivery center, it organized a career fair to fill up various technology as well as cybersecurity positions. These roles include business analyst, database engineer, DevOps engineer, software engineer, operations support roles, and developers and architects.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.