Orange Cyberdefense recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for Cybersecurity Services 2020.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Cybersecurity is a key offering of Orange, a French Telecom provider, and forms part of its Cybersecurity Directorate after being spun out of Orange Business Services (OBS) in 2018. Orange initially set up its Cyberdefense unit in 2015, and since then, it has organically grown its customer base to more than 800 clients, the majority of which are based in France.
- It drives proximity and scale through 16 SOCs (MSSP) that monitors and responds to events 24x7x365, 10 Cyber SOC (MDR) that provides threat analysis, 4 CERTs, and 3 scrubbing centers to mitigate DDoS attacks worldwide. This includes CyberSOC in China, designed to comply with Chinese cyber laws.
- It is focused on cross-selling security to customers consuming connectivity, cloud, and UCC services, growing MSS/MDR share of revenue, continuing mid-market push through its acquisition of SecureLink, and boosting cloud and OT/IIoT security.
- In April 2019, Orange strengthened its monitoring services provided through its network of SOCs by integrating Trackwatch probes made available by Gatewatcher, specializing in advanced intrusion detection software.
- In January 2019, Orange Cyberdefense formed an alliance with several major French industrial groups, including EDF, the Naval Group Sanofi, SNCF, and Total, to develop best practices and test cybersecurity solutions for companies.
- Since 2018, it has partnered with the start-up firm SecBI to augment its managed cyber services, particularly SOC-as-a-Service, breach response, triaging, and hunting.
- Further, Orange Digital Ventures invested in the start-up firm Morphisec which specializes in the Endpoint Threat Prevention solution, to address emerging digital threats. It plans to roll out Morphisec solution in certain countries to protect network security.
Investments and Innovation
- To tap into the growing enterprise cybersecurity market in Europe, Orange acquired UK-based security company SecureData in February 2019, followed by Netherlands-based SecureLink in May 2019.
- It continued to invest in Africa and the Middle East region and opened a new digital center in Dakar, Senegal to support local digital ecosystem. It has plans to open more such digital centers in Jordan, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Morocco, and Egypt by 2020.
- It acquired 210 patents in cybersecurity, including 5G, IoT, banking security, behavioral authentication, AI, and fraud detection. Additionally, 30 Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs) are assigned by MITRE to further reinforce its threat research expertise and vulnerability intelligence.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.