Tech Mahindra recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Cybersecurity Services 2020.Read the Avasant report
“Developing blockchain-based cybersecurity applications and products around threat management, IoT and connected devices.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Tech Mahindra follows a top-down risk-based approach to helping enterprises strengthen their core competencies, understand their security architecture and various security standards. It offers managed services, security consulting around GDPR to its various European customers, and deploys a cloud-first strategy approach where the security is taken care of before, during and post cloud migration.
- It focuses on IoT and offers IAM as a service for IoT verticals such as connected health, connected cars, smart factories. It also offers 4G/5G mobile security and fleet security for connected cars.
- Last year, it introduced Autonomous Security Assurance Platform (ASAP) that help replace the traditional manual edits of IT objects against IT controls and generate a report based on internal policies regarding CIS50, NIST, and compliance regulations such as HIPAA, PCI-DSS, and ISO 27001.
- It owns 3 SOCs in India, which includes full-fledged multi-tenancy SOC in Pune and Hyderabad and another one in Bangalore in partnership with Alien Vault. It plans to set up in the US and APAC regions as well. The one in Rakuten, Japan was developed by the customer.
- As part of TechMNxt charter, Tech Mahindra continues to augment its portfolio through new partnerships: with Finnish firm SSH Communications Security to help strengthen its IAM portfolio; with Prometeia, the Italy-based consultancy and software services firm, to expand its scope in the banking enterprise risk management space, and US-based fintech company Strands for digital banking solutions.
- They collaborated with US-based start-up i2Chain to offer a blockchain-based cybersecurity application to reduce frequency and costs of incidents.
- Further, it deepened its relationship with Cisco and deployed its Digital Network Architecture at its offshore development center (ODC) in Hyderabad to enhance user mobility and security.
Investments and Innovation
- It is collaborating with IIT-Kanpur to co-create research-based solutions in cybersecurity. Part of the initiative is to develop customized cybersecurity products around threat management, IoT, 5G and connected devices. It has separate plans to infuse 100 fresh graduates from elite colleges and train them as SOC analysts.
- It has plans to build a center of excellence for connected cars and has 40 granted and pending automotive cybersecurity patents.
- In June 2019, Tech Mahindra opened a technology center in Missouri, US, which focuses on microservices, automation, AI, security, ML, cloud computing, big data, data and analytics, and blockchain.
TECH MAHINDRA’S CYBERSECURITY SERVICES PRACTICE
2019-2020 UTILITIES DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 HEALTHCARE DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 AIRLINES AND AIRPORTS DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 SD-WAN MANAGED SERVICES RADARVIEW REPORT
2019 DIGITAL MASTERS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 CYBERSECURITY RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 APPLIED AI AND ADVANCED ANALYTICS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 INTERNET OF THINGS SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 HYBRID ENTERPRISE CLOUD SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.