CenturyLink recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Cybersecurity Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- CenturyLink provides services related to DDoS Mitigation, IdAM, managed firewall, etc., with global security operation centers (SOCs) located across North America, EMEA, Latin America and APAC. It works with customers in all verticals, but the majority of its security revenue (~30%) comes from the government sector.
- Its pricing model is a mix of fixed and usage-based. In 2018, it made an architecture change in its service offering which reduced the cost of service by 50%. Part of this saving is being invested to advance its analytics and automation capabilities as well as improve customer experience.
- Some key initiatives to expand and strengthen its service include launching SOCs in new regions and launching MSSP services in new geographies (EMEA and LATAM are in progress). Introduced Premise Security Services in collaboration with some industry leaders (Palo Alto, Cisco FirePOWER) and is targeting mid-size to large-size businesses.
- Its partnership ecosystem has some big players such as Palo Alto, Checkpoint for firewall platforms, Symantec for Cloud Access and Security Brokers, CyberArk for Privileged Access Management (PAM), Accenture for incident and breach response, Qualys and RiskSense for vulnerability management and many more.
- In the event of a cyber attack and other catastrophes, it plans to mitigate cyber risks through public-private partnerships so it can access the full range of government and other critical infrastructure information.
Investments and Innovation
- It plans to continue to invest aggressively in Managed Security Services as its executive team views Connected Security as one of the three strategic pillars of its overall business. It plans to pour in USD 5-10M in terms of capital investments.
- The acquisition of Level 3 in 2017 has greatly enhanced its security capabilities in Adaptive Threat Intelligence, Adaptive Network Security and DDoS Mitigation services. It also expanded its global footprint with SOCs in 4 continents.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.