Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Focus on core IP and R&D. Partner and start-up engagement for emerging tech. Capability development through acquisitions.”
- Started in 2016, NTT Security coordinates with its group companies and offers information security support for customers. Its MSS platform utilizes advanced analytics, coupled with threat intelligence capabilities. It currently leverage 10 SOCs (Global Threat Intelligence Center) and 7 R&D centers.
- NTT Security has taken a proactive approach to incorporating new technologies in its solution set. For instance, in 2018, it developed a new large-scale network analytics technology to detect and proactively defend its Managed Security Services (MSS) customers from attacks launched on botnet infrastructures using ML and scalable streaming analytics.
- It has an in-house security monitoring team (NTT-CERT) that analyzes internal security incidents. It has plans to expand the scope of this team to collect information on weaknesses and cyber attacks that include the dark web.
- In 2018, it expanded its services by launching Web Security as a Service (WSaaS) in alliance with Symantec.
- NTT Security has multiple partnerships, primarily to integrated specific point solutions within its suite of offerings. Some key partnerships include Qualys (to facilitate its consulting engagements) and CounterTack (for its Endpoint Threat Platform (ETP)). It has built the partner ecosystem to enhance its ability to detect and respond to unknown malware, insider threat, data loss prevention, fileless malware and forensics.
- In 2018, it partnered with ThreatQuotient to expand its threat intelligence capabilities. NTT’s analysts now extensively leverage ThreatQ’s platform in their consulting and managed services engagements. It also became a member of the cybersecurity consortium Cyber Threat Alliance (CTA).
Investments and Innovation
- In March 2019, it acquired WhiteHat Security, a leading enterprise application security provider. Together, the two organizations plan to address enterprise security needs across IT infrastructure and critical business applications to support enterprise digital transformation.
- To leverage the capabilities of emerging start-ups, NTT Security hosts a yearly global innovation contest. Last year’s core theme was IoT security, especially from the perspective of connected cars.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.