Telefónica recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for Cybersecurity Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
“Comprehensive security offerings for digital environments. Strong innovation-led culture within the cybersecurity business. Wide partnership ecosystem.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Telefónica adopted an inorganic expansion route, acquiring an established cybersecurity firm in 2013 and then re-branded it as an independent entity called ElevenPaths under the Telefónica banner. This entity has adopted a start-up culture, experimenting with multiple technologies and learning from their failures. It also used this entity to expand its portfolio by acquiring solution and niche-solution providers.
- Its portfolio of security services includes Managed Security Services and IoT Security Solutions, which are supported by its tools and proprietary platforms. In 2018, it developed Conexion Segura, a joint cybersecurity solution that provides protection across fixed and mobile networks from malware.
- It has 11 Security Operations Centers (SOCs) and a new Advanced Global Center (Telefónica Advanced Global SOC-TAGS) with trained and certified resources.
- To promote new ideas and experiences in the field of cyberspace, it has created a Security and Cybersecurity Advisory Council, which enables international experts to collaborate and support the company’s digital and comprehensive security strategy.
- Telefónica has entered a strategic alliance with Microsoft to transform networks using disruptive technologies, while curtailing costs and driving greater industry adoption.
- In 2018, it joined over 30 other telecom and service providers in setting up the Cybersecurity Tech Accord in which members collaborate to improve technical capabilities and create a stronger defense to protect enterprises against malicious attacks. It also created the first Global Telco Security Alliance with Etisalat, Singtel and SoftBank to offer enterprises a comprehensive portfolio of cybersecurity services.
Investments and Innovation
- To continually evolve its security services with the latest technologies and strengthen its portfolio, Telefonica has made investments in niche cybersecurity start-ups such as CounterCraft, 4iQ, BlueLive, LogTrust, IMBox, and Alise Devices.
- ElevenPaths, its cybersecurity entity, has a proactive calendar of start-up-related events, discussions, roundtables and hackathons to complement its cybersecurity initiatives.
2019 Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report
2019 Applied AI and Advanced Analytics RadarView™ Report
2019 Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
Telefónica’s Cybersecurity Services Practice
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.