Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Invests in early to mid-stage start-ups and cybersecurity frameworks and products. Strengthen its capabilities through acquisitions.”
- In last few years, Wipro strengthened its cybersecurity capabilities through several acquisitions made in Israel, North America and India. Its cybersecurity services includes threat monitoring, infrastructure security operations, vulnerability management, incident response, IAM, consulting and others.
- In 2018, it launched the Cyber Defence Platform (CDP) and established Cyber Security Labs along with it. It has more than 7,500 cybersecurity practitioners, 10 cyber defense platforms with automation capability, and 12 Global 24×7 Security Command Centers to deliver its services.
- Its cybersecurity-specific customers include around 600 Fortune1000 enterprises. It plans to double its Cybersecurity & Risk Service market share by 2020, and achieve USD 1B in revenue.
- It is investing in multiple cybersecurity-specific frameworks and products such as the ASTRID Framework, Wipro Access Governance Onboarding Framework (WAGON), Solution Delivery Platforms (SDP), Wipro Identity Automation Tool (WIAT), and many more.
- Strategic partnership is one of the core pillars of its business strategy. Its partner ecosystem has some of the leading technology vendors such a IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, Google, and TIBCO. In March 2019, it partnered with RiskLens to provide quantitative assessment of risk to the enterprises and government organizations.
- It has also partnered with Israeli company Check Point to strengthen the delivery of cyber security and threat prevention solutions to customers who are investing in cloud infrastructure.
Investments and Innovation
- Through its investment arm Wipro Ventures, it has invested in US based cybersecurity company Vectra Networks and Emailage Corporation, a fraud prevention firm. It also invested USD 8.83M in Denim Group, an application security company.
- It has also invested USD 8.8M to pick up 33.3% stake in the Denim Group, a US-based application security firm.
- Through its Horizon Program, it continues to invest in emerging areas (AI, IoT, cloud computing, cybersecurity, etc.) to organically develop products, platforms, solutions and capabilities around these areas.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.