Cognizant recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Digital Masters RadarView™ Report 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Cognizant has developed a comprehensive set of digital services spanning analytics and AI, IoT, intelligent automation and cloud. This has been done through a combination of inorganic (IoT practice from the Invensys acquisition), partner-led (BigDecisions, ONERetail and Data Clinics built through its Azure partnership, and over 50 prototypes on Google AI platform), and organic investments in IP development.
- As a strategy, it brings consulting expertise in the early stages of transformation projects before bringing in technology solutions that span multiple tech prerequisites. It has also started running design thinking workshops with clients to aid co-innovation and joint IP creation.
- It has also been utilizing innovative engagement models, particularly in the nascent blockchain space. Recently, it anchored a consortium of insurance providers on an inter-company data-sharing use case.
- It has developed a number of tech prerequisite-specific innovation labs and business/academic partnerships. It has 4 global “collaboratories” where it works with clients to develop solutions that combine various emerging technologies.
- Cognizant has been actively developing solutions that leverage multiple technologies. For instance, its combination of cloud management platform Cloud360 platform and automation-solution HiveCenter has seen good traction in the market. It is also in the process of enhancing this solution by integrating AI-enabled automation. Its hybrid cloud solution brings together advanced cybersecurity and automation components.
- It has helped its clients tap new revenue streams and deliver added value through the interplay of technologies. For a leading manufacturer of trucks and defense vehicles, it improved product engineering through IoT and used data mining techniques to glean insights on product performance and customer behavior. This led to new revenue streams and greater federal compliance for the client.
- Cognizant continues to invest in its digital capabilities, including training of its technical teams and expanding its local workforces in the US and other markets. It invested early in reskilling in technologies that enabled them to develop a strong team of over 6,300 employees trained in AI.
- It plans to continue supplementing its organic growth through strategic acquisitions, joint ventures and alliances that can expand its digital capabilities, geographic footprint and industry expertise. In 2018, it acquired companies with strengths in the digital space: Softvision, SaasFocus, ATG, and Hedera Consulting.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.