HCL recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator in Avasant’s Digital Masters RadarView™ Report 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- HCL is very strategic in the development of its offerings and capabilities in both existing and emerging technologies. Its Mode 1-2-3 strategy has helped direct their investments towards developing various reusable assets, products and services that align with all the tech prerequisites.
- It has also used a judicious balance of proprietary products and platforms, and a strong network of partners to have access to many best-of-breed core technologies and solutions. This helped HCL remain technology-agnostic and enabled deeper penetration of existing accounts.
- HCL has also developed a number of CoEs and innovation centers aligned to specific tech prerequisites. For instance, it has a series of IoTWorks labs worldwide, in addition to Lab21, which works exclusively on AI-enabled solutions. This has led to proprietary assets such as DRYiCE, SKETCH, DataWave, MyCloud, iAutomate and several others.
- HCL has leveraged its traditional strengths in IT operations and infrastructure services and has actively integrated it with elements of AI (through the DRYiCE platform) and automation (ElasticOps and iAutomate) to enhance value. It has also focused on developing solutions for hybrid cloud with significant automation and cybersecurity components. It is currently developing security offerings that leverage IoT and blockhain.
- It has helped clients to tap new revenue streams by providing solutions that use multiple technologies. For instance, it developed an IoT-based patient management platform for a medical device company with real-time analytics, big data processing and cybersecurity capabilities for data from its 100+ medical devices. It helped the client to generate new revenue sources through value-added services and comply with global data privacy and security regulations.
- HCL has made a number of bold moves recently, including purchasing a line of products from IBM. This enables the opportunity to enter into a number of large enterprise account deals and position its digital offerings. HCL has also been quite active in identifying and acquiring firms with strong IP, reusable assets and digital offerings. The acquisition of Actian in early 2018 complemented HCL’s DRYiCE capabilities in hybrid data management, cloud integration and analytics.
- It has established a strong network of partners to access best-of-breed offerings and solutions. In addition, it has a strong start-up engagement program to identify cutting-edge technology development. Some of these investments have already paid dividends: Alpha Insight (business flow monitoring and operational intelligence), and Moogsoft (technology to sense faults prior to occurrence and to rationalize workflows).
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.