Infosys recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator in Avasant’s Digital Masters RadarView™ Report 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Infosys has been an early mover in setting up capabilities and assets for a few of the technology prerequisite areas. For instance, it set up its Intelligent Automation, which evolved from RPA practice, in 2012 and Blockchain practice in 2015.
- It has a strong focus on developing proprietary solutions, tools and frameworks with vertical and horizontal applications. NIA, its AI/ML-based platform is being used for various use-cases. It has taken steps to include a more holistic approach by including consulting services for blockchain and IoT.
- It emphasizes co-creation and collaboration through its network of innovation hubs (15 across the globe), industrial IoT CoE at its Bangalore campus (in partnership with PTC to advance ThingWorx capabilities) and operational delivery centers for cybersecurity.
- It enjoys a strong position with a good portfolio of industry connections/conferences, thought leadership assets that is aligned with the right set of solutions and service offerings.
- Has developed a proprietary AI/ML platform NIA and is using it as a common thread or underlying premise for enhancing its other emerging technology offerings such as IoT, Intelligent Automation and Cybersecurity.
- It has been actively exploring the intersection/interplay of emerging technologies by leveraging its range of assets and domain-specific capabilities . For instance, it has set up a consulting team of techno-functional experts to explore integration of blockchain with other emerging technologies.
- It sees hyperconvergence as a source of delivering new value to clients. In its partnership with Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP), it developed a new capability called Second Screen that allows for multiple sources of data to be presented to players, coaches and fans. This provides an immersive experience for fans through insights into player and match performance in real-time.
- Has a multi-dimensional approach towards building future-readiness and engages with all the partners in the ecosystem – product/platform companies, industry associations, consortiums and academia – to develop new offerings and assets.
- It Is developing employee skills for new technologies such as AI, big data analytics, industrial IoT, machine learning and autonomous technologies. It is engaging with academia for developing curriculum for re-skilling its employees. It is ensuring the efficacy of the learning initiative through making it accessible, relevant and accessible for every employee; linking it to performance systems and incentivizing through monetary means.
- Has allocated USD 500M to identify, engage and finance start-ups in emerging technology areas to develop presence at the intersection of these. Recent investments of the fund have been focused on start-ups working specifically on data analytics/management and IoT applications.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.