Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
- Tech Mahindra identified the change in technology landscape quite early and accelerated development of several best-of-breed IPs and platforms across key tech prerequisite areas. These include TAP (big data platform) and PRISM (predictive analytics), which are central to its service portfolio.
- It’s digital services strategy called DAVID (Digitalization, Automation, Verticalization, Innovation and Disruption) reflects its vision and helps create industry-ready, disruptive solutions to deliver value through new revenue opportunities, connected experiences and business process transformation.
- It has taken a collaborative approach to building its digital capabilities and leverages its deep ecosystem of partners, including core technology providers and start-ups to build solutions for key industries. One such collaboration is with Avaamo, a provider of core conversational AI, in which Tech Mahindra evangelizes Avaamo’s enterprise products and builds solutions IoT and AI/ML solutions around the platform.
- It has put significant investments in establishing CoEs for each technology prerequisite. In fact, it has invested USD 80MN in developing CoE for building platform solutions on blockchain and AI.
- Tech Mahindra is bringing emerging technologies together in collaboration with technology providers and start-ups to build platforms. Its investment in FixStream, a data analytics start-up, has resulted in an AI-enabled AIOPS platform that automates complex tasks in hybrid environments. Its own multi-cloud platform, mPAC, can be integrated with its other in-house platform, TACTiX and leverages AI, ML, NLP and RPA together to identify future problems within a cloud dynamic environment. mPAC provides encryption security for data confidentiality as well.
- It has started building hyperconverged industry-specific solutions. For instance, it has developed a cybersecurity solution, in collaboration with the security arm of government-run Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), for utility firms and critical infrastructure leveraging automation and orchestration tools, AI and machine learning analytics.
- Tech Mahindra is creating a practice team that is a healthy mix of domain-side experts and technical experts via internal resource movement and upskilling, and targeted external hiring. To ensure its human resources get reskilled, it has partnered with edX and Pluralsight as well as AI-based personalized learning aggregators like Edcast.
- It is also widening its partnership ecosystem to accelerate its IP and portfolio development by engaging with the academia, start-ups and technology enterprises. It wants to expand its offerings in matured markets like the US, UK and Europe and strategic verticals (BFSI, telecom, and manufacturing).
- Additionally, it continues to establish its R&D centers called Makers Labs for future co-innovation of solutions with customers, partners, universities and start-ups. One widely-used conversation platform that has been developed through Makers Labs is Entellio.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.