Wipro recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator in Avasant’s Digital Masters RadarView™ Report 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Wipro identified digital as a strategic focus area and created a separate digital practice fairly early. It also built this practice around two main areas: a proprietary AI platform called HOLMES and its traditional strength in infrastructure translated to the emerging hybrid cloud environments.
- It has been a market leader in terms of disruptive acquisitions, though a number of them are still in the process of getting integrated with the digital practice. For example, it was one of the earliest providers to understand the importance of the design thinking approach for digital, and invested in a Scandinavian design firm called DesignIT as early as 2015.
- In addition, in nearly all tech prerequisite areas, it differentiates itself with strong R&D investment for proprietary IP development augmented with a surprisingly large number of strategic acquisitions (an extension of its “String of Pearls” strategy).
- Wipro has been leveraging its dual strengths in enterprise hybrid cloud and its proprietary AI engine to offer a set of hyperconverged offerings that are aimed at business outcomes beyond traditional cost and efficiency metrics.
- In its go-to-market approach, Wipro has increasingly been focusing on helping clients develop new revenue streams from previously untapped data streams. For instance, for a major North American airport, it integrated real-time locational data acquired through IoT devices, converged it with a predictive AI solution to significantly enhance client experience and provide additional services that the airport could offer to travellers.
- The Wipro Ventures Fund is a very important part of its strategy to invest and develop capabilities in new technologies early. In fact, the initial core research team for its HOLMES engine was funded through this entity. Now, Wipro has a number of early stage investments in areas such as AI (Vicarious, Moogsoft, and Avaamo), cybersecurity (Vectra Networks, Emailage Corporation, and Denim).
- In addition, it has a Horizon program for identifying and supporting in-house startups; which has been particularly successful in incubating various digital products, platforms and practices.
- Wipro has built a targeted partner ecosystem focused on digital areas and aimed at building a sustainable spine for its future initiatives. For instance, it has partnerships with several Israeli start-ups for cybersecurity and with data management platform providers (FeedZai, DataBricks), etc.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.