Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era Avasant Empowering Beyond Summit 2020: Transcending Digital
“Offers innovative solutions that leverage digital technologies to design and operate healthcare platforms.”
- Atos has crossed the USD 1.5B revenue mark in the healthcare vertical. 4 industry-specific acquisitions in the last 3 years enabled the integration of digital capabilities and consulting to their existing solution portfolio to fuel this growth.
- It has good client base in the payor space where they provided accelerated delivery for digital initiatives through care/analytics platforms (Healthedge, EPIC, TMS) and domain experience in claims & provider management.
- It is able to meet the increasing demand for patient engagement by building digital solutions like TeleHealth, Healthcare Connect, and Population Health that leverage analytics, IoT, cloud and AI. It acquired SyntBot, an intelligent automation platform, and has partnered with several product platform companies to increase the focus on modular service platforms.
- Some of its notable deliverables are real-time wearables, monitoring for diabetes patients, advanced virtual workplace for health personnel, and “hospital of the future” design with innovative technologies to healthcare providers for increased patient engagement.
Investments and Innovation
- Atos acquired 4 healthcare companies: Anthelio in 2016 to strengthen its digital health services portfolio and expand in the US healthcare market, Pursuit healthcare advisors, Conduent’s healthcare provider consulting, and Conduent’s Breakaway group in 2017 to optimize clinical and financial performance and address the increasing demands of new government regulations.
- It acquired Syntel in 2018 for USD 3.4B to infuse its healthcare solution’s portfolio with digital capabilities around automation & robotization.
- It prioritized digital skills development in 2018 and delivered ~40,000 new digital certifications across the company to foster digital transformation.
- Atos partnered with several patient care platforms (EPIC, Cerner, Allscripts, HealthEdge, Pega, Facets) to automate multiple processes.
- It has strategic alliances with technology vendors such as AWS, IBM, Tableau, Cloudera for leveraging their IP assets in healthcare solutions.
- In May 2019, it partnered with the Public Hospitals of Paris (AP-HP, Hôpitaux de Paris) and Nantes (University Hospital Center, CHU) for the launch of a drone project to optimize and automate delivery of medical products. It collaborated with start-up, Azure Drones, to integrate and deploy drone technology.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.