Capgemini recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Healthcare Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019-2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a challenger for Healthcare Digital Services 2019-2020Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Capgemini is developing strong digital capabilities in healthcare, specifically in the areas of customer engagement, marketing and sales, applications and claims management. Through its new innovation arm Capgemini Invent, it is focusing on the delivery of innovative, patient-centric solutions and has already introduced new products to the market: 4HER to support HER2+ breast cancer patients and Man PlanTM for prostate cancer patients.
- Leveraging its Global Enterprise Model (GEM) architecture, it is also focusing on helping its healthcare clients transform their operational environment using intelligent automation, AI, RPA and advanced analytics.
- It is positioned relatively strong in the European healthcare market and is working on improving its presence in North America with a focus on senior health markets (MedSupp, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D) as well as solutions targeted at specific areas of treatment.
Investments and Innovation
- Capgemini made 3 strategic acquisitions to help its healthcare clients adopt a more patient-centric model. It acquired 2 companies in the design thinking space: Fahrenheit 212 (acquired in 2016) and Idean (acquired in 2017). LiquidHub was acquired in 2018 to strengthen its customer engagement solutions portfolio.
- In Q3 2019, It launched a cloud-based, AI-powered platform, the Capgemini Intelligent Automation Platform (CIAP), which contains reusable, pre-built intelligent automation solutions, bots, accelerators and use cases to deliver automation at scale to clients.
- Capgemini recently signed a collaborative agreement with a Berlin start-up, MADANA, to develop a Digital Health Platform based on blockchain-encrypted patient data. This solution is expected to have traction in the market as healthcare companies are increasing their focus on protecting their sensitive health data.
- It is leveraging its partnerships with leading tech firms (Pega, Pivotal and Salesforce) to develop new solutions, e.g., Pega helped to develop its Digicare platform and provides CRM solution support through its AI-powered customer engagement platform.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.