CGI recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Healthcare Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019-2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a disruptor for Healthcare Digital Services 2019-2020Read the Avasant report
“Continued focus on digitizing healthcare by leveraging innovative solutions and strong partnerships.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- For its healthcare clients, CGI delivers innovative industry solutions using disruptive technologies such as AI, analytics, cybersecurity, IoT, intelligent automation. For example, in Finland, it is working to help HUS adopt an AI-based speech recognition solution and with Työterveys Virta to identify high-risk individuals by examining patient data using ML. It also recently won a 5-year contract with the US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to provide consulting and technology services around AI and ML.
- It differentiates itself by developing propriety solutions which can be scaled to multiple healthcare companies. For example, its Sovera HIM solution is used by 230+ hospitals to manage billions of images/records daily; ProperPay has helped healthcare payers to recover billions of dollars from medical claims that have been improperly paid.
- It leverages the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s (IHI) Triple Aim framework to provide innovative solutions to health systems. For example, its Patient Safety Service solution is based on IHI’s Global Trigger Tool, enabling automatic detection of potential adverse events.
Investments and Innovation
- CGI has been able to strengthen its position in the US market and expand its offerings to payors and providers since the full acquisition in 2017 of Paragon Solutions, a high-end consultancy firm with extensive experience in healthcare, digital transformation and systems integration.
- It uses its global network of innovation centers and labs to design and develop digital industry solutions in collaboration with clients. For example, the Vein-to-Vein project with the Finnish Red Cross Blood Service in 2017 digitized the supply and management of blood between the organization and hospitals.
- CGI has key digital industry partners in Europe. In Finland, it leads a consortium to advance an API and IoT platform that enables digital home-based services to elderly patients from a community of providers. In France, it partnered with JobinLive to launch Handitech, an association that drives innovative solutions for persons with disabilities.
- It also has partnerships with leading tech companies such as Microsoft, Oracle and Salesforce. Its ProperPay solution is supported by Microsoft’s Azure Cloud platform, and it uses Salesforce Shield for health data security solutions and services.
CGI’s Healthcare Practice
2019 Airlines and Airports RadarView™ Report
2019 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
2019 SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView Report
2019 Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
2019 Cybersecurity RadarView™ Report
2019 Applied AI and Advanced Analytics RadarView™ Report
2019 Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.