TCS recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Healthcare Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019-2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Healthcare Digital Services 2019-2020Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- TCS’ double-digit growth in the healthcare industry is due to the increased adoption of digital transformation by the payors and providers in the recent 12-15 months. Many of its existing clients are leveraging its expertise to transform their operating models for reducing cost and improving the quality of care. For example, a leading healthcare company was able to reduce the onboarding process from 21 days to 2 hours by digitizing their portal through Enrolment 360 platform.
- It differentiates itself by deploying market-leading compliant platforms, through an innovative delivery system, and integrating next-gen technologies (AI, analytics, IoT) to deliver customized solutions to the clients.
- TCS has introduced cognitive solutions for both payors and providers. Ignio, its AI-based platform, is extensively used for application management services for payors. COGA, its cognitive assistant, is deployed by providers for patient engagement.
- It has built a data pipeline and data ingestion framework to enable healthcare providers to handle unstructured data from multiple sources for detailed analysis.
Investments and Innovation
- TCS is investing in “value-based care” by leveraging predictive and prescriptive analytics to analyze the different payment methods that positively impact quality of care, cost of care and member experience. This will be formally launched in the coming months.
- It has built several PoC use cases that leverage the Quartz blockchain platform. It plans of moving these use cases to Pilot stage through close partnership with the clients.
- It is investing heavily in next-gen technologies (AI, analytics, blockchain) to organically develop more products and leverage them for industry-specific solutions. E.g., Ignio was developed in-house and is currently been leveraged across the payor value chain.
- TCS has strong alliances with healthcare product companies, including AllScripts and Cerner (for practice management and EHR solutions), niche product companies such as Velocity (for cloud-based solutions), prominent IT vendors such as Microsoft, Amazon, Google (to leverage their technology in producing advanced healthcare solutions).
- It introduced a COIN engagement model to foster innovation from start-ups and academic universities. TCS has tie-ups with 15 healthcare-specific start-ups to customize solutions for the client.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.