Capgemini recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report 2019 – 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2019-2020.Read the Avasant report
“Huge customer base with strong cloud business. IP-led approach with significant investments in partnerships and acquisition-led strategy.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Capgemini had an early focus on hybrid cloud and has set up a dedicated practice of more than 17,000 cloud professionals. Its digital and cloud practice has matured and grew between 15-20% in 1H 2019, accounting for more than 50% of the group’s revenue.
- It has a significant array of proprietary assets and frameworks, including the Capgemini Cloud Platform (CCP), which has been well-received among its loyal customer base and is central to its managed services offering. The platform is offered through a hybrid pricing model, and well supported by onshore teams in 44 countries.
- It has also received significant traction in SaaS-based offerings. For instance, approximately 120K customer service representatives from 190+ organizations globally leverage their Odigo, a SaaS-based contact center solution.
- It is traditionally strong in the BFSI and Retail & CPG verticals, accounting for 45% of its revenue. Also, it has bagged new logos in manufacturing, healthcare, travel and energy verticals, including a leading cruise operator and US-based leading beverage company.
- Capgemini has strong relationships with all major cloud, IaaS, CMP platform, ITSM, and container platform providers. Its partnership has resulted in more than 100% bookings growth with AWS and around 70% bookings growth with Microsoft.
- It has a deep and strategic partnership with AWS (Premier consulting partner). For instance, it has launched strategic initiatives with AWS, including SAP workload migration for European customers, and DC modernization. Also, it plans to ramp up its existing 1,300 AWS-certified resources to 5,400+ over 3 years.
- With AWS, it is majorly involved in SAP workload migration and intends to ramp up its existing 1,300 AWS-certified resources to 5,400+ over 3 years.
Investments and Innovation
- Capgemini continues to leverage the inorganic route to expand hybrid cloud capabilities. Recently, it acquired Altran for USD 4.1B to stretch its capabilities across research and development (R&D), cloud, edge computing, product engineering, and IoT.
- It developed, acquired and trained a large team of certified industry domain experts through Capgemini University. Through its corporate online open courses (COOCs), it has trained over 70K resources across digital technologies and more than 10K in AI and Automation.
- To address increasing cloud security concerns, it has opened its first Spanish-language Security Operations Center (SOC) in Spain last year. The new SOC complements its existing network, including the Inverness (UK) SOC, North America (Dallas) and Europe (Utrecht).
Capgemini’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services Practice
2019-2020 Healthcare Digital Services RadarView™ Report
2019-2020 Airlines and Airports Digital Services RadarView™ Report
2019 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
2019 SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView Report
2019 Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
2019 Cybersecurity RadarView™ Report
2019 Applied AI and Advanced Analytics RadarView™ Report
2019 Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.