Cognizant recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report 2019 – 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2019-2020.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Cognizant is one of the active leaders in the hybrid cloud space and has experienced significant growth in the past 12 months. It offers comprehensive managed services across multiple cloud combinations, leveraging its experience in migrating 25K business-critical applications to cloud, 600+ cloud transformation projects, and over 6K container deployments in 2018.
- It has taken a platform and tool-centric approach and has developed more than 50 proprietary toolsets. Through its HiveCenter ecosystem, Cognizant has integrated automation in its offerings, enabling rapid deployments and cloud management environments.
- In terms of customer base, it has good engagement from BFSI, Retail & CPG and Healthcare sectors, which contributes to more than 80% of their hybrid cloud revenue. Consequently, it has developed vertical solutions on the cloud: insurance (Guidewire on AWS), banking (Temenos), and healthcare (SmartTrials), among others. For this, it leverages a flexible pricing models such as pay-as-you-go, costs-based, and hybrid pricing models.
- They have developed strong experience in workloads migration to the hybrid cloud across multiple industries. For instance, it has helped a Netherlands-based software company with application migration to the public cloud, providing savings of ~USD 1M and a 64% P1 reduction.
- Cognizant has long and deep partnerships with industry-leading technology providers, including AWS, Microsoft, Dell, and Hitachi. It continues to forge new alliances with emerging cloud platform providers such as VMware, Pivotal, Cisco, ServiceNow, Docker, NetApp, IBM, etc.
- It has created the AWS Business Group with dedicated sales and GTM teams. Also, it has established an AWS experience center for best-in-class client demos and a joint training program, which has trained more than 6,000 associates.
- It has set up a USD 1B+ business plan with Dell Technologies, placing big bets on digital transformation areas. It has trained over 600 resources in VMware capabilities such as software-defined cloud, networking, cloud-native development, and cloud security.
Investments & Innovation
- Through its internal re-skilling program, which includes accreditation of certifying associates with Architect Competency (ARC) and hands-on training, it intends to train over 30,000+ associates on the cloud by 2019.
- It is expanding its capabilities through strategic acquisitions: Zenith Technologies (2019) to use its IoT portfolio and broaden life sciences expertise, SaaSfocus (2018) to expand Salesforce consulting, and Advanced Technology Group (ATG) in 2018 to expand cloud quote-to-cash capabilities.
- It is aggressively propagating thought leadership, leveraging 15+ thought leadership assets with a reach of 75K+ through global cloud-related demand generation campaigns on social media, and hosted events with partners and customers.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.