Capgemini recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2018.Read the Avasant report
“Strategic focus on digital and cloud. Strong cloud advisory team. Bolt-on acquisitions to accelerate practice.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Capgemini has placed digital and cloud at the center of their strategy. The executive push on these segments has led to significant growth in capabilities, assets and revenues in these areas. Forming the bedrock of its acquisition strategy, digital and cloud contribute close to USD 5B, over 38% of the total group revenue.
- Capgemini has a comprehensive set of offerings around cloud, with a specific focus on orchestration and management of hybrid and multi-cloud environments. There is also a good degree of integration of automation in their offerings through its Automation Drive Store and Automation Drive Library, which helps in the rapid deployment and effective optimization of hybrid environments.
- It leverages its consulting pedigree to offer the “Cloud Choice” portfolio of services that is aimed at helping clients use the cloud-first approach. The offering comprises of advisory, applications and infrastructure services to enable transformation from legacy to cloud.
- Capgemini is expanding its partnership ecosystem. It recently launched a strategic initiative with AWS to jointly build solutions and accelerators to enable enterprises to incorporate automation, AI and machine learning in their processes through cloud technologies.
- It also provides its partners with access to its 16 Applied Innovation Exchanges across 4 continents.
- It has forged strategic partnerships with leading technology players and startups to offer best-of-breed solutions to clients, including “Cloud Native Transformation” partnership with Microsoft and Pivotal, and “Cloud Migration” with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Investments & Innovation
- Capgemini has been doing a number of small- to mid-scale acquisitions to enhance their digital and cloud capabilities. It has also stated that this acquisition strategy will continue for some time. The initial results of the Itelios and Lyons Consulting Group acquisitions have been encouraging and have allowed it to expand its capabilities in the Salesforce commerce cloud.
- Capgemini is making significant investments in the reskilling and upskilling initiatives for their employees in the digital and cloud space. This is a stated group strategy that is being driven by two COOs at the firm, with strong support from the CEO.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.