CGI recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2018.Read the Avasant report
“Strong focus towards government sector, industry-specific approach. Leverages mid-scale acquisitions for capability development.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- CGI has a strong focus on the government sector, providing infrastructure support to over 50 federal agencies. With the increasing trend towards private and public cloud expansion in government operations, they have been increasingly engaging with projects related to hybrid environments.
- CGI’s hybrid IT management platform dubbed “Unify 360” has gained significant traction across industry verticals, offering a full range of services, including enablement, transformation consulting services, managed hybrid IT services, etc.
- It has taken an industry-centric approach, particularly on those with wide footprints in Canada. For instance, it provides cloud services for 30 upstream operators in the oil and gas industry.
- It has built its digital and cloud capabilities using a string-of-pearls acquisition approach. CGI has been active in acquiring a series of midsize firms to expand technology, geography and industry footprint.
- CGI has a strong partnership with Microsoft and has a team of over 8000 Microsoft-certified professionals. It also has a partnership focused on Azure and has also made its payments and watchlist solutions (HotScan) on the Azure platform.
- CGI has also formed a strategic agreement partnership with Hitachi Data Systems to provide clients with enterprise-grade cloud and secure cloud storage solutions which will be hosted either in CGI’s global data centers or at customer’s data center in a private cloud environment.
Investments & Innovation
- CGI has invested extensively in innovation centers and also use them as a means to develop local communities, especially in Canada. It already has 7 innovation centers in the Quebec region and is also in the process of establishing one more in Drummondville, Quebec.
- CGI completed a series of acquisitions that included eCommerce Systems and Computer Technology Solutions, both of which are IT consulting companies focused on commercial markets, specializing in cloud, analytics, and digital transformation.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.