Fujitsu recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2018.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Fujitsu has a proven track record of multi-cloud deployment and operations globally. It provides end-to-end service management for hybrid IT across any cloud combinations. It supports over 30 global cloud platforms and has the experience of over 5000 cloud implementations.
- It has taken a platform-and tool-centric approach and has a number of proprietary toolsets and software targeted at the specific challenges in managing and optimizing hybrid IT. For instance, their Cloud Services Management Software and Cloud Monitoring Manager support standardization of cloud operations across private and public clouds.
- It has changed its strategy around the K5 cloud platform recently. It is now available within Japan only. For other geographies, Fujitsu is focusing on services primarily based on the Azure cloud platform.
- Fujitsu’s growing multi-cloud business is through its key partnerships with some of the leading cloud providers, including Microsoft (gold partner), VMware, SAP and Oracle (platinum partner).
- It has a strong and growing partnership with Azure – especially after the strategic retreat of K5 from non-Japan markets. Apart from leveraging the Azure cloud platform, it also develops specific solutions such as SAP on Azure, life-cycle management with uForge AppCenter, and IoT and analytics solution with GlobeRanger on Azure.
Investments & Innovation
- Fujitsu is investing around USD 1.2B towards its cloud-native capabilities globally. This includes a push to train 10000 people who are in customer-facing roles in multi-cloud capabilities.
- It also launched a Digital Transformation Center in UK to support client innovation.
- It is also investing towards improving inter-cloud portability functions by creating linkage between system template specifications, automation tools and container tools such as Kubernetes and Docker.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.