HCL recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2018.Read the Avasant report
“Strategic focus on cloud. Strong suite of automation-led offerings. Open to inorganic growth. Wide infrastructure client base.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- HCL has extended its strength in the infrastructure space and automation to focus on developing a comprehensive, IP-led offering around hybrid cloud. It has made the cloud offering a critical part of its Mode 1-2-3 strategy.
- Overall, HCL has a product and platform based approach to building their hybrid cloud capabilities. It has developed a number of strong IP assets focused on cloud such as MyCloud cloud management and orchestration platform. Additionally, it has been using elements of their DRYiCE suite of enterprise automation products to develop solutions such as ElasticOps and iAutomate to enhance hybrid enterprise IT operations.
- It has a wide and loyal client base and has been able to help them adopt cloud-native principles at the enterprise level. Consequently, HCL has developed strong experience in migration to hybrid cloud across multiple industries and business situations.
- It has developed a number of verticalized solutions by leveraging its in-house domain expertise and a global network of co-innovation labs.
- HCL has strong partnerships with the leading cloud providers and ecosystem technology firms. It is also continuously strengthening its core partnerships with AWS and Azure by launching academies that will train over 5000 resources and build a large capability pool. It recently signed a strategic partnership with the Azure Cloud Services program allowing HCL to use flexible and committed discounts for new hybrid cloud logos.
- HCL has created a Pivotal center of excellence which helps in training PAL architects. A total of 160+ PAL architects and 8000+ developers have been enabled on Pivotal PaaS.
Investments & Innovation
- HCL has a stated acquisitive strategy to develop critical business lines, including the cloud business. It has acquired significant cloud-related IP from firms such as IBM, Tibco and DXC in the recent past. Its acquisition of Actian ($330 M, through a JV with Sumeru Equity Partners) in early 2018 has given it access to hybrid data management, cloud integration and analytics capabilities.
- It is also investing in capability development through cloud innovation labs and centers of excellence across North America, India and UK.
- Its research focus is on next-gen technologies like containers and SDI to help customers with running automated operations.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.