Wipro recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services 2018.Read the Avasant report
“Early mover with a large practice backed with broad set of proprietary tools. Engaged partner ecosystem. Strategic inorganic investments.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Wipro, with its traditional infrastructure strength, has identified cloud as key growth driver. Consequently, the practice has high focus from executive leadership and was set up as an integrated business unit with its own P&L in 2017 with teams for sales, presales, solution architecture and alliances.
- It has also developed a comprehensive set of proprietary tools to support the cloud lifecycle of customers. These tools are vendor-agnostic across most major platforms. For instance, BLDC offers a single pane of glass for hybrid cloud services across AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle and other private clouds, while the Cloud Migration Studio, co-developed with AWS and Azure, provides the capability to plug and play automated migration platforms and ready to leverage certified resources and consulting advisors.
- Wipro focuses on scale and follows a “Cloud First and Cloud Fast” approach leveraging cloud bots, mass migration through migration factory, prebuilt application blueprints, industrialized reference architectures and cloud native application development and integration.
- Wipro’s alliance team aims to become a top 3 partner for the top 3 cloud providers. It is on its way with high engagement in joint development programs such as Project Slingshot (AWS), Big Bet (Microsoft) and Project Marvel (GCP), and very large certification and skill development programs.
- Apart from the CSPs, it has also built strong partnerships with the wider ecosystem partners, especially on the cloud orchestration side. Thus, it is amongst the leading partners for Pivotal, VMware and HPE with multiple joint offering development and go-to-market activities.
- Wipro has targeted aggressive and time-bound goals for all its partnerships and this is driving it to a very engaged partner ecosystem.
Investments & Innovation
- Wipro has explored inorganic route to build and shape the cloud practice, and has made a number of acquisitions, including the 2016 Appiria acquisition that created one of the largest cloud transformation practices in the industry, but have also shifted away from hosted data centers through the divesture of their US hosted data centers to Ensono.
- Wipro is making industry leading investments in cloud consulting, practice acceleration, certifications and innovation centers and partner ecosystem for cloud management platforms, DevOps, container management, discovery, migration and management, monitoring and optimization stacks.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.