Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Integration will lead to strong consulting and automation capabilities coming together.”
- Once the formal integration takes place, Atos’ strong process improvement and automation advisory capabilities will be complemented with Syntel’s SyntBots and other proprietary automation solutions to deliver end-to-end intelligent automation solutions.
- Syntel’s SyntBots have seen good adoption across multiple industries such as insurance, retail and financial services. On the retail side, they have been used in high-end retail stores and have delivered significant cost savings and availability improvements.
- Atos also brings the Atos Virtual Assistant (AVA) solution that couple robotic and cognitive capabilities to enhance the digital customer experience across multiple European languages.
- The combined entity will have a rich repository of use cases, which will allow faster time-to-market for RPA initiatives. While the commercial strategy will be shown later, both companies have a history of providing outcome-based commercial models to their client base, with SyntBots also providing a utilization-based pricing approach.
Investments & Innovation
- The acquisition itself is a significant investment, which helps Atos get access to Syntel’s digital and intelligent automation solutions and capabilities, apart from a wide set of clients in the North American finance, insurance and healthcare segments.
- Atos has a vast intellectual property portfolio with over €300 million annual spend in research and development across fifteen R&D centers based out of nine countries. Atos has over 5000 active patents and files over 120 new patents annually.
- Syntel recently invested in upgrading SyntBot capabilities with natural language processing and machine learning for next-generation services.
- Atos has been supporting core technology research through the Atos Joseph Fourier Prize, where scientists that work on cutting-edge research around artificial intelligence, quantum and high-performance computing are honored
- This year, they will host an international technology event for students to develop innovative ideas centered around AI and other emerging technologies.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.