IBM recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in the innovation of Intelligent Automation brings recognition as a Leader for Intelligent Automation Services 2018.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- IBM has been among the leaders in developing and integrating cognitive capabilities across a spectrum of products and service. Their Watson engine is an industry pioneer, and they use it as part of automation offerings across IT automation and RPA. One of the key differentiators for IBM is the backing of IBM Research for all its offerings, which ensures that clients have access to cutting edge technology.
- IBM has a very strong footprint in RPA, with over 700 processes in production just on the IT automation side. They also have deep partnerships with leading RPA tool providers and engage with them in multiple models, such as internal user license, reseller license and co-development.
- Their large client base, which spans all industries and IT processes, gives them industry leading breadth of experience. They are also actively introducing cognitive features to their traditional clients and have seen good traction with this approach.
- They also use a large number of proprietary automation platforms, tools and frameworks for achieving year-on-year cost reduction and value generation objectives in their managed services engagements.
Investments & Innovation
- IBM continues to invest in developing Watson’s capabilities, and also in developing new automation offerings, such as Coach (Cognitive analysis of Change – for identifying and reviewing IT operations changes), that incorporate Watson based analytics and recommendations.
- They have a partnership with Topcoder to crowdsource talent for developing new cognitive applications through annual hackathons and competitions. This has contributed significantly to the development of low cost chatbots with Watson Assistant.
- They have also partnered with MIT for the next 10 years to advance artificial intelligence hardware, software and deep learning algorithms.
- IBM is an industry pioneer and established thought leader in the space of both automation and cognitive/artificial intelligence technologies. It is well represented in all key industry associations and also disseminates its point of view and research around automation extensively. It engages with a number of partners to develop and showcase joint industry solutions.
- They have made significant contributions to the startup community through mentoring and providing recognition globally.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.