Altran recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Internet of Things Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Through its World-Class Center of IoT Solutions, Altran develops, integrates and operates end-to-end customized IoT solutions from technology consulting and connectivity to platforms and applications based on either its own IPs or third-party technologies.
- With its acquisition of Aricent announced in March 2018, it aims to expand its engineering and R&D services capabilities and enable its clients to access opportunities in multiple emerging technologies, including IoT.
- Its key partnership with Nokia combines Nokia’s expertise in connectivity and IoT platforms and Altran’s own expertise in IoT systems, data collection, and integration to help auto manufacturers, rail operators, utilities and smart cities.
- It has gained good traction with European OEMs on IoT projects in the first half of 2018, especially by leveraging Industry 4.0 capabilities for advanced manufacturing, IoT solutions and analytics.
Investments and Innovation
- Altran’s acquisition of GlobalEdge, an India-based product engineering company that specializes in IoT connectivity and embedded software, is strategically aligned with its 2020 vision. It accelerates its expansion in North America and provides the company with deep expertise in the latest mobile connectivity technologies like 5G.
- It has also focused on building IoT-related IPs, one of which is VueForge, Altran’s end-to-end IoT platform which harvests and transports the data, extracts the information and transforms it into desirable services.
- It actively participates in trade shows, including the 2018 Mobile World Congress where it exhibited its technology solutions in telecom and media. It also showcases its connected mobility solutions at various industry events.
- It has developed a good body of research around Industry 4.0 in the form of perspectives, artifacts and white papers. It has published a number of papers around connected health solutions that leverage IoT and other emerging technologies.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.