Infosys recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Internet of Things Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
“Early mover with a holistic digital transformation approach. Industry-accepted platform. Wide client and partner ecosystem.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Infosys focused on IoT early and positions its comprehensive solutions (from system on chip design consulting all the way to system integration and data analytics) as a key offering in its integrated suite of digital services. It services all key segments: industrial, consumer, enterprise and community IoT.
- It takes a holistic approach to digital transformation, leading engagements with Industry 4.0 maturity framework-based consulting, followed by specific IoT use case identification and implementation. This approach has led to significant traction in its existing as well as prospective client base.
- Infosys has developed, acquired and trained a large multi-disciplinary team of certified industry domain experts, product R&D and development practitioners, embedded systems specialists, design experts as well as enterprise architects and system integration experts under its IoT practice.
- Its AI platform, NIA, adds a significant capability to IoT engagements by enabling big data analytics and visualization to high-velocity data streams. It also enables predictive analytics using proprietary algorithms around most key use cases in the asset-heavy industries that are the key adopters of IoT.
Investments and Innovation
- Infosys has earmarked investments in IoT hardware, software and design studio aspects. It has also developed its own IoT living labs and global innovation hubs (15 hubs across the US, Asia-Pacific and Europe). It is also co-investing with its partners to grow the practice further through centers of excellence and other models. It opened an industrial IoT CoE at its Bangalore campus, in partnership with PTC to advance ThingWorx capabilities.
- Another forward-looking aspect of its strategy is to build advanced technology solutions that complement IoT, such as AR/VR solutions, robotics, digital twins, artificial intelligence and machine learning. It would not be surprising to see some bold inorganic moves in these areas over the next 12 months.
- Infosys is an active participant in industry associations to grow IoT awareness. Under the Industrial Internet Consortium, it has built asset and energy efficiency, predictive maintenance, agriculture and water management test beds. It also contributes to the World Economic Forum’s “Factory of the Future” initiative.
- It is also at the forefront of thought leadership in IoT, especially on key future use cases, and is a key host, participant in and sponsor of various industry events and programs. Its leadership team is very active in publishing its points-of-view through white papers, publications and keynotes.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.