LTI recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for Internet of Things Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
“Leverages engineering DNA. Digital platform-led approach. Strong partnership ecosystem. High start-up engagement.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- LTI has identified key emerging technologies for capability development and IoT is one of them. It has a large practice with a strong talent pool, over a 100 industry use cases and pre-built accelerators and extensive production deployments.
- The MOSAIC platform, which is modular in nature and addresses multiple IoT and ancillary areas such as data engineering, advanced analytics, knowledge-led automation and IoT connectivity, has seen good market traction. LTI has been positioning it in its solutions with good results.
- To help grow the practice, LTI has developed a strong ecosystem of partners, including PTC, AWS, IBM and Siemens. It is also deepening these partnerships by launching an IoT-focused CoE in October 2018 in collaboration with PTC.
- LTI leverages its parent group’s strength in engineering along with sourcing expertise from companies such as L&T Technology Services to develop strong industrial IoT offerings. Its recent partnerships with industrial giants such as Schneider has also strengthened its go-to-market approach.
Investments and Innovation
- LTI has been partnering with academic institutions for digital and IoT solution and capability development, as well as talent identification. For instance, it has training and consulting partnerships with the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) and MIT, and has also developed an IIoT center of excellence at VJTI in Mumbai.
- Since 2017, LTI has started developing capabilities around core device and sensor manufacturing as part of its push towards building smart products for original equipment manufacturers. This includes investment in IP solutions, tools and rapid prototyping.
- LTI has identified industrial IoT as a key area of focus and is in the process of developing thought leadership and points-of-view in this space. It recently hosted a panel discussion around the value of IIoT and its increasing presence in international IoT events.
- It has increasingly been engaging with the start-up community working in the IoT space over the last 2 years. It typically becomes an integration partner while also providing them with access to clients and its own design thinking, solutioning and thought leadership expertise. Some of the recent partnerships have been with Tinkerlabs, Fractalink Design Studio, Realwear, Uthunga, among others.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.