TCS recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Internet of Things Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- TCS provides comprehensive IoT services, from strategic planning and design to engineering and analytics services across a wide range of solutions, including connected cars, connected health, energy management, asset performance management and manufacturing transformation.
- The TCS Connected Universe Platform (TCUP) and Sensor Data Analytics Framework (SDAF) have gained traction among its global customers. TCUP enables faster development and deployment of IoT applications, while SDAF extract insights for predictive maintenance and demand forecasting.
- It has primarily focused on providing IoT-related, IP-based solutions and frameworks to its clients. For instance, it offers convergence framework to integrate IT and OT systems to manage asset performance. Similarly, it offers the TCS Omni Track to monitor inventory movement for retailers.
- TCS is actively forming key alliances and partnerships to enhance its solution offering and provide a competitive edge. It has recently collaborated with Siemens to create applications on MindSphere, focusing on Industrial IoT for customers in manufacturing, energy, building technology and healthcare.
Investments and Innovation
- TCS has a global network of domain- and technology-focused innovation labs to enable clients’ IoT journey from PoC to commercial offering. It has also invested in a dedicated unit of research that nurtures a culture of innovation in emerging technologies.
- In collaboration with Intel, it has an IoT Center of Excellence in Hyderabad, India dedicated to developing use cases, solutions, accelerators and frameworks across industries. The CoE’s focus is to create faster end-to-end solutions for customers.
- TCS’s Entrepreneurship Program provides a platform for ideation, development and delivery of minimum viable product for big bets. It enables customers, experts, entrepreneurs, start-ups and research partners to collaborate and convert innovative ideas into disruptive business offerings.
- TCS is actively developing thought leadership and reference architectures in the form of white papers around IoT. It participates and hosts IoT-related events and competitions. For instance, the TCS EngiNX is an engineering innovation contest that provides students an opportunity to provide a solution to a real-life problem and, at the same time, start their career with the TCS IoT unit.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.