Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Strong engineering capabilities. Platform-led approach. Partnership-driven focus on R&D. Strong academic engagement.”
- Virtusa has a goal of focusing on customer excellence, business innovation and operational excellence through digital IoT. It has significant engineering capabilities with a strong pool of product development subject matter experts that it leverages to provide an innovation-centric offerings.
- It has developed a Digital Hub platform to help clients achieve faster time-to-market for their end-to-end IoT offerings. This has been built through a combination of partnerships at each solution level, including integration of partner technologies around sensors, platforms and analytics.
- Virtusa provides strong rapid prototyping capabilities through its Skylab integrated horizontal platform, a cloud PaaS that brings together cognitive, robotics and IoT pre-built proofs-of-concept. This enables rapid deployment and scalability testing of IoT solutions.
- With a strong focus on domain-specific use cases, it has several use cases for healthcare, automotive, connected cities, energy and living and working. It also has offerings around geographically diversified industries such as defense, fishing, land agriculture and more.
Investments and Innovation
- Virtusa has plans of investing in R&D, innovation and experience centers across a number of their development facilities and at prominent academic institutions. It has also been partnering with technology majors for co-development of industry specific platforms, such as the Hope Digital Health Platform with IBM developed last year
- Virtusa is also investing in the entry-level talent pool around emerging technologies by establishing CoEs at various engineering campuses, specifically in India. For instance, it has established a CoE in VIT University to train students on new technologies and to make them industry-ready.
- Virtusa is co-investing with different academic universities to enable research and development in emerging technologies. One of these engagements is with the University of Michigan for edge computing research and joint solution development for industrial customers.
- It is also promoting and training students by organizing various hackathons and technical events. Last year, it organized NeuralHack, a national-level hackathon on IoT and Machine Learning in Chennai for students from different engineering colleges across India. The winners were given a chance to work with Virtusa.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.