Zensar recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
Zensar recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Internet of Things Services RadarView™ ReportRead the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Zensar recently set up its separate IoT practice under its digital innovation hub called ZenLabs. In its initial build-out phase, it focused on developing integrated IoT solutions for use cases such as Smart Factory, Smart Store, Smart Home Insurance, Smart Fleet, Smart Warehouse and Asset Tracking.
- It has deep IoT solutions in manufacturing, retail and insurance domain. Smart Factory solutions covers 32 use cases; Smart Store solution covers inventory management, store operations and customer experience; and Home Insurance platform covers safety and security.
- Partnerships form a rapidly growing pillar for Zensar, and it has worked with companies like AWS and Azure to deploy solutions/IP like smart warehouse, smart shelf and smart cart. It partnered with PTC in August 2018 to develop ready solutions on ThingWorx.
- With its digital innovation center ZenLabs in Pune, Zensar brings together a multi-faceted team of researchers, strategists, technologists and designers for IoT, AI-ML, Blockchain and AR with the mandate to re-imagine its solutions for market differentiation.
Investments and Innovation
- Zensar has put digital at the center of its investment strategy. It is planning to direct 70% of its investments towards building Return on Digital (RoD) Next capabilities, including IoT, AR/VR and cyber security. It launched a second ZenLabs in Hyderabad in May 2018 for this. The Zensar Digital Academy also plays an important role in training employees in these emerging technologies.
- It has ambitious digital plans and is also actively exploring the inorganic route to accelerate capability development. It recently acquired Indigo Slate, a US-based digital agency, for USD 18M to add more depth and breadth to its current digital offerings.
- Even at an early stage of its practice expansion, Zensar has already started engaging with the wider industry ecosystem through participation in various industry and stakeholder events. For instance, it participated in IoT-specific events such as NASSCOM IoT Summit 2018, PTC Liveworx, etc.
- Zenlabs is also establishing relationships with universities and academia to initiate a number of research programs. It has also been reaching out to the start-up community to access niche technological capabilities.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.