Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Recent entrant in SD-WAN with significant focus and diversified partner network. Leverage its Syntel acquisition for client and diversity expansion”
- Established in 2018, Atos|Syntel’s SD-WAN practice is fairly new and is offered under Infrastructure & Data Management (IDM) vertical. It intends to double its operating margin and positive revenue growth in next 24 months.
- Its IDM practice accounts for 50% of its total revenue in 2018. Around 26% of that comes from North America, 23% from Germany, 20% from the UK&I and rest from France, Nordics and other countries.
- With the Syntel acquisition, it has strengthened its SD-WAN capabilities by cross-selling Syntel services into 6 existing Atos IDM clients in North America, UK and Ireland.
- Its SD-WAN managed services is maintained by a large specialized team of over 2,500 network experts present in 40 countries, supporting over 1.6 million LAN ports, 55,000 switches and over 450,000 voice ports.
- Atos|Syntel has partnered with leading SD-WAN platform/services providers such as Cisco (Premier Certified Partner), VMware, Intel (NFV for 5G) and Ciena (for virtualized managed services).
- It has created a multi-vendor alliance with Dell EMC, Intel, Juniper Networks, Red Hat and VMware to accelerate the delivery of value from NFV service offerings and help telecoms operators mitigate networking challenges. Additionally, the alliance will create a joint go-to-market program and pursue new NFV client opportunities, each bringing its own expertise to the table.
Investments and Innovation
- As part of its multi-vendor alliance, Atos|Syntel has invested in a carrier-grade NFV Laboratory located in Grenoble, France to test, validate and simulate real-time scenarios for missoon critical NFV services for both fixed and mobile carrier markets. Also, it has collaborated with other partners to establish a joint team to identify and pursue NFV market opportunities.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.