Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Recent entrant with proprietary SD-WAN solution. Historically strong in fiber business with strong partner network and strategic investments”
- BT has identified SD-WAN as one of its strategic growth areas and plans to invest significantly towards SD-WAN enhancement. In 2018, it unveiled its global SD-WAN managed services portfolio using Cisco technology across their enterprise network footprint spanning 494 on-net cities in 180 countries.
- Its proprietary SD-WAN solution BT Agile Connect is built on technologies from BT and Nuage Networks (Nokia). It is delivered as a single box at the edge network and has been deployed in several global organizations. Going forward, it is planning to integrate the Agile Connect suite with Cisco intelligent WAN (IWAN) products. This is making its offerings more robust and ready to address the future needs of enterprises.
- BT’s SD-WAN services are complemented by its strong fiber foothold, which spans 46,000 kms across 190+ countries, 1,600+ network-to-network interconnects (NNI), and security-accredited WAN solutions with ISO22301:2012, ISO18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certifications.
- It has 3 managed service tiers – fully managed, jointly managed, and customer managed/BT supported, offering flexibility of engagement to existing and potential clients.
- BT has partnered with leading technology players in the SD-WAN ecosystem, including Cisco-Meraki, Cisco-Viptela, Nuage Networks, Infovista, and Riverbed. It has high engagement with Cisco and has been a Cisco Gold Certified Partner in 18 countries and a Cisco Premier Certified Partner in 5 countries. Moreover, 90% of its customers uses network endpoints from Cisco.
- Through The Network Union, a leading reseller partner, BT has expanded its managed SD-WAN services portfolio to global and UK-based enterprises. As part of this alliance, it offers SD-WAN provider workshops, consulting, and assessment services with 25+ touch points.
Investments and Innovation
- Through BT’s dedicated SD-WAN center of excellence (CoE), it upskills resources with training and tools in areas such as YANG, Netconf, and TOSCA. The CoE will also enable clients to uniquely monitor their network with AI/ML and facilitate their SD-WAN journey.
- It launched 3 new SD-WAN products to support the demand for hybrid and asset-light solutions. In addition, it rolled out a new service and network automation platform (SNAP) in 2018 to allow clients to utilize the latest SD-WAN and NFV technologies.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.