Dell recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for SD-WAN Managed Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
“Comprehensive SD-WAN offering, well established network services business, diverse partner network and significant inorganic investments”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Dell has considerable focus on software-defined networking (SDN) services, which it offers under Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG) segment. This segment contributes around 11.3% to the overall revenue and a high growth of 35% (2018,YoY) indicates high market acceptance.
- It offers SD-WAN managed services through a bundled offering, integrating VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud software as a subscription with Dell EMC hardware and software support. Under its consulting services, it has rolled out three new offerings including SD-WAN advisory, design and implementation in 2019. This has positioned Dell as a service provider capable of delivering end-to-end network transformation.
- Its Virtual Edge Platform, an open uCPE platform to host VNFs and SD-WAN appliances, has witnessed significant traction among Tier-1 operators and some of the Fortune 500 enterprises. Additionally, it has launched an open uCPE platform, based on Intel processor, to support multiple virtual network functions (VNFs) and SD-WAN use cases. This has further strengthened its capabilities of providing solutions for hosting VNFs and SD-WAN appliances.
- It has a robust partnership ecosystem comprising of global SD-WAN platform providers ( VeloCloud, ADVA, Lavelle Networks and Versa Networks), network security solutions providers (Sonic Wall, Palo Alto, and WAN optimization players (Silver Peak, Riverbed Technology). Recently, it unveiled SD-WAN Edge solution at Dell Technologies World in Las Vegas, powered by VMware, which will be sold under subscription model.
- Together with Versa Networks, Dell Technologies has launched Ready Node program for joint product validation, coordination with product roadmaps, simplified ordering, and coordinated sales and marketing initiatives.
Investments and Innovation
- Dell Technologies continues to invest in VMware, which it acquired with the acquisition of EMC Corporation, to accelerate SDN/SD-WAN capabilities and expand its global footprint.
- It has made strategic investments through its venture capital investment arm, Dell Technologies Capital, which focuses on emerging technology areas such as SDN, SD-WAN, NFV etc. This has led to continuous influx of capital to ensure evolution of SD-WAN specific products’ functionalities and features.
2019 Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
2019 Cybersecurity RadarView™ Report
2019 Applied AI and Advanced Analytics RadarView™ Report
2019 Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
Dell’s SD-WAN Managed Services Practice
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.