Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Proprietary SD-WAN platform with unique NFV delivery model. Increasing traction in Europe and significant investments towards IP development”
- Masergy has been an early entrant in SD-WAN space and started offering SD-WAN technology as a managed services in 2015. Later in 2017, it unveiled SD-WAN Go, an extension to its software-defined platform, complementing its existing Pro solution which is based on Silver Peak’s Unity EdgeConnect and Unity Boost solution. With two SD-WAN options, enterprises gain both choice and flexibility to deploy a cost-effective solution.
- It leverages a combination of proprietary (INA, ISC) and third-party (Cisco, Silver Peak) hardware to deliver SD-WAN managed services. Masergy’s Global DataGuard, a network analytics tool, has achieved patent certification for adaptive behavioral intrusion detection systems and methods.
- On capability front, its SD-WAN managed services is well-supported by 54 NFV service nodes and 40+ points-of-presence (PoP) which help them to cater clients present in more than 85 countries. Out of 1,000+ unified communication services customers, 750 of them are pure networking clients.
- Its unique distributed NFV model (D-NFV) enables them to provide self-provision services and disruptive SD-WAN architecture.
- Apart from its premier partnership with Cisco and Silver Peak, Masergy is running joint go-to-market programs with 185+ local access providers and channel partners.
- It has rolled out ‘Single-Box’ SD-WAN solution in partnership with Barracuda Networks in 2018. This capability allows Masergy to address rising customer demands of a single box solution for both security and SD-WAN.
- Through its Channel Programme, it has doubled its European partners to nearly 80 in past 12 months, aiming to add more than 150 by end of 2019.
Investments and Innovation
- The USD 50M Series F funding from Goldman Sachs in 2019 has helped Masergy to accelerate SD-WAN business and growth initiatives.
- It has directed significant investments towards training and certifications to upskill existing networking teams and to bolster marketing initiatives.
- There is a strong focus from leadership team towards increasing thought leadership, where it is actively providing points-of view (POVs) around SD-WAN adoption through various industry forums, blogs, and white papers. Lately, it has increased participation in various SD-WAN and networking related conferences, summits, and events including WAN Summit, SDN NGV World Congress, SD-WAN Expo, etc.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.