Orange Business Services recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for SD-WAN Managed Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Starting in 2017, Orange Business Services has significantly strengthened their SD-WAN practice and has bagged EUR 600 M worth of total contracts value (TCV) signed in H1 2018.
Their SD-WAN managed offering has seen strong traction among manufacturing, utilities, resources, government and financial services clients
- Its end-to-end SD-WAN orchestration tool dubbed Flexible SD-WAN has been a key differentiator of its managed service offering, with strong security validation and predictive maintenance functionalities
- Open Labs, its application development and testing center, enables a wide array of SD-WAN capabilities, tests use cases, and jointly assesses SD-WAN business requirements with customers. Orange is building 11 such labs, with 8 labs in Europe, 2 in the US, and 1 in Singapore
- It leverages its unique co-innovation model for majority of its SD-WAN engagements. For instance, it has been successfully managing Siemens’ SD-WAN transformation in the last 4 years across 94 countries
- Orange Business Services has created a robust partnership ecosystem that includes Cisco-Viptela (SD-WAN), Riverbed (WAN optimization) and Juniper Networks (security and routing). It also leverages Riverbed’s SteelConnect technology to strengthen its network portfolio, along with providing virtualization and zero-touch provisioning capabilities
- With the Cisco alliance, it leverages Cisco’s SD-WAN virtual network function (VNF) to deliver a fully functional virtualized solution for enterprise customers, which has become part of the Orange’s universal customer premise equipment (uCPE) offer
Investments and Innovation
- Orange Business Services has identified NFV/SDN transformation as a key area of focus. Therefore, it is integrating vCPE/uCPE vendors to extend the scope and market penetration, along with enhancing the Orange portal with advanced analytics, advanced RBAC, and improved user experience
- It is also setting up next-generation hubs to continue the development of SD-WAN orchestration and service integration capabilities, and to build “Internet of Enterprises” to support SDN transformation
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.