Accenture recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Utilities Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2020 – 2021
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Utilities Digital Services 2020-2021.Read the Avasant report
“Acquires specialized companies to strengthen its practice. Engages with multiple consortiums to develop industry-specific solutions.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- With 10,000+ experts and 200+ clients in North America, Europe, and APAC region, Accenture provides utilities digital services across the value chain: power generation, transmission & distribution, and retail services.
- It has developed solutions leveraging multiple emerging technologies such as AI, analytics, AR/VR, IoT, drone, and cybersecurity around plant maintenance, asset management, grid management, customer management, workforce management, etc. For example, its Digital Plant services and solutions leverage predictive analytics & IoT to get real-time visibility into plant operations & assets.
- It co-develops customized and innovative solutions for its clients via joint ventures. For example, with Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO), it established a JV in 2018, creating a company called K4 Digital, to transform business processes and create new business opportunities using AI, advanced analytics, and IoT. Similarly, with Siemens, it launched a company called OMNETRIC Group in 2015, which focuses on providing smart grid solutions in Latin America.
Investments & Innovation
- Accenture acquires specialized companies to develops its capabilities in utilities. For instance, it acquired BRIDGE Energy Group and Davies Consulting to enhance its capabilities in grid modernization, asset management, risk management, and geographic information system solutions.
- In May 2019, it opened Industry X.0 Innovation Center in Germany, which focuses on developing innovative solutions using technologies such as AI, blockchain, IoT, AR etc.
- Since 2013, it has been running its own Digitally Enabled Grid research program, providing actionable insights and recommendations around the challenges and opportunities utilities face along the path to a smarter grid.
Partnership & Ecosystem
- Accenture has a strong partnership ecosystem. With Oracle, it co-developed a customer experience management service platform. With Schneider Electric, it develops Industrial IoT solutions around predictive maintenance, asset monitoring and energy optimization. With GE, it develops intelligent pipeline solutions.
- It also works with industry consortiums to increase adoption of technology. For example, with Think Smartgrids Association, it is helping to promote smart grid in Europe. Apart from that, it is also a part of the TRANSFORM program – a consortium of six European cities to develop an energy planning decision support environment; providing program management support.
ACCENTURE’S UTILITIES DIGITAL SERVICES PRACTICE
2019-2020 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 HEALTHCARE DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 AIRLINES AND AIRPORTS DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 SD-WAN MANAGED SERVICES RADARVIEW REPORT
2019 DIGITAL MASTERS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 CYBERSECURITY RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 APPLIED AI AND ADVANCED ANALYTICS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 INTERNET OF THINGS SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 HYBRID ENTERPRISE CLOUD SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.