NTT DATA recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Utilities Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2020 – 2021
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Utilities Digital Services 2020-2021.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- NTT DATA offers utility companies digital services related to predictive asset maintenance, workforce management, smart metering, smart grid and demand response service and customer management services related to business process automation and mobile solutions.
- It works towards building solutions focused on future development of the industry. For instance, its E-mobility services help utilities develop smart business models that can meet the future E-mobility needs, such as a common billing system. Working with an Austrian E-Mobility consortium, which includes Wien Energie and Schrack, it developed a smart charging infrastructure.
- It has business analytics solutions covering the entire value chain, including energy production, distribution and end-user consumption. It also has IoT solutions that help improve customer experience, reduce costs, and provide new services.
Investments & Innovation
- NTT DATA’s R&D innovations include Hitoe, a wearable sensor developed through cross-industrial collaboration for health and safety of employees, and IoT-based maintenance of energy infrastructure.
- As part of its industry-academia collaboration effort, it established the Innovation Laboratories Bandung in collaboration with Institut Teknologi Bandungon to work on big data management based on an open cloud concept, develop solutions to improve the energy infrastructure, and implement other projects related to smart city and smart community initiatives.
Partnership & Ecosystem
- NTT DATA has utility-specific partnerships that strengthens its practice. For instance, Allergo provides energy trading and risk management software, EnergieWerks provides analytics solution, and Nimbeo provides smart metering solution.
- Protecting operation technologies of the utilities industry from cyber threat is one of its key focus areas. It is taking a collaborative approach to deliver cybersecurity services. For example, it has collaborated with Cyber Threat Alliance (CTA) to share threat intelligence. With federal agencies such as National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), it is sharing its expertise in developing risk management frameworks.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.