WNS recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Utilities Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2020 – 2021
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Utilities Digital Services 2020-2021.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- WNS focuses on offering end-to-end BPM services across industry processes as well as horizontal service offerings such as finance and accounting, human resource management, work management, and dispatching and scheduling.
- It emphasizes continuous improvement of its portfolio of BPO service through analytics and automation. Its Meter-to-Cash-as-a-Service (M2CaaS), which covers the entire process of meter installation to the collection of cash offering, uses analytics and RPA to cut leakages and gaps and reduce cost to serve.
- It has dedicated delivery centers in multiple locations: delivery centers in South Africa and Manila support water utilities while the global delivery center in India supports electricity and gas clients.
- Its multi-pronged future strategy is focused on integrating emerging technologies in existing solutions, developing new digital platforms, making inroads in the renewables segment, and improving onshore delivery capabilities.
Investments & Innovation
- WNS leverages its domain knowledge through CoEs that build smart solutions for utility clients. Its connected home CoE integrates digital technologies such as IoT, AI and analytics in business operations to deliver value to clients.
- It actively invests in the exploration of use cases for emerging technologies in business processes. For instance, it is working on an inter-company reconciliation and P2P trading project using blockchain technology to manage customer experience. Similarly, it is building a solution in the connected home space wherein it provides regulatory compliance support to the utility using automation and analytics when a customer switches providers.
Partnership & Ecosystem
- WNS uses partnerships to update its core offerings and remain relevant in the technological evolution. It has partnerships with automation providers such as Automation Anywhere, Blueprism, and Fusion. With Amazon, it leverages its virtual assistant solution Alexa.
- It partners with industry bodies to develop solutions based on key industry challenges. It formed Customer Trust Council in the UK in partnership with Utility Week, a leading business media brand for the UK utilities industry, to look into customer perception issues.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.