This report helps engineering and construction companies craft a robust strategy based on industry outlook, best practices, and digital transformation. It begins with a summary of key trends shaping the engineering and construction market and Avasant’s viewpoint on the direction of the industry over the next 18 to 24 months.
We continue with a detailed assessment of eight leading service providers. Each profile provides an overview of the service provider, its industry-specific solutions, and a list of representative clients and partnerships, along with brief client case studies. Each profile concludes with analyst insights on the provider’s practice maturity, investments and innovation, and partner ecosystem. The report can aid businesses in identifying the right partners and service providers to support their digital transformation journeys.
Why read this RadarView?
While the demand for new infrastructures and real estate projects is rising, engineering and construction firms are facing skilled worker shortages, project overruns, supply chain disruptions, and increasing regulation. To address these challenges, businesses are accelerating their digital transformation journeys by leveraging connected construction platforms, project management solutions, automated tools for modular construction, and remote project inspections. Additionally, engineering and construction companies are using digital technologies for improved productivity, process efficiency, and increasing profitability, investing heavily in virtual reality and product life cycle management tools.
This RadarView includes a detailed analysis of the following service providers in the engineering and construction digital services space: Accenture, Capgemini, Infosys, LTIMindtree, SAP, TCS, Tech Mahindra, and Wipro.
The industry insights and recommendations presented are based on our ongoing interactions with senior executives, vendors, subject matter experts, and Avasant Fellows, along with lessons learned from consulting engagements.
Our evaluation of service providers is based on primary input from the providers, focused briefings, public disclosures, and Avasant’s ongoing market interactions. The assessment is across the three dimensions of practice maturity, investments and innovation, and partner ecosystem, leading to our recognition of those service providers that have brought the most value to the market over the past 12 months.
Table of contents
About the report (Page 3)
Scope of the report (Pages 4–5)
Executive summary (Pages 6–8):
- Key market drivers and enterprise response
- Avasant recognizes eight top-tier providers supporting the engineering and construction industry in digital transformation
Enterprise trends (Pages 9–14)
- Enterprises are investing heavily in digital platforms and construction technologies to boost project efficiency
- Companies are using new technologies and strategies to make supply chains resilient and optimize resource usage
- EPC firms are refocusing on workforce strategies and using automation tools to combat worker shortages and skill gaps
- Organizations are integrating technology into their sustainability agenda because of increased regulatory pressure
- Real estate firms are building intelligent homes and upgrading their services to boost consumer demand
Service provider trends (Pages 15–16)
- Service providers are using emerging technologies to digitally transform the engineering and construction IT landscape
RadarView overview (Pages 17–22)
- Methodology and coverage
- Interpretation of classification
- RadarView assessment
Service provider profiles (Pages 23–48)
- Detailed profiles for Accenture, Capgemini, Infosys, LTIMindtree, SAP, TCS, Tech Mahindra, and Wipro.
Read the Research Byte based on this report.