The report helps enterprises identify the key service providers to digitally transform their finance and accounting (F&A) operations. It begins with a summary of key trends that are shaping the finance and accounting space. We continue with detailed assessments of 18 providers offering services in the finance and accounting outsourcing domain. Each profile provides an overview of the service provider, their key IP assets for F&A, and a list of clients and partnerships, along with brief client case studies. Each profile concludes with analyst insights on each provider’s practice maturity, domain ecosystem, and investment and innovation.
Why read this RadarView™?
Many companies are looking for end-to-end digital transformation of their finance function. The demand for comprehensive engagements in the finance and accounting domain is increasing, minimizing siloes between IT and business processes. With the advent of COVID-19, the significance of disruptive technologies in transforming the finance function has emerged more than ever before. Many executives are striving to outsource the strategic and judgement-intensive finance domain, as opposed to only transaction-intensive finance operations.
The F&A Business Process Transformation 2020 RadarView™ highlights the key outsourcing trends in the F&A space and Avasant’s viewpoint on them. It aims to aid companies in identifying the top service providers to transform their finance operations. It also offers an analysis of service providers’ capabilities in technology, domain expertise, and delivery-related support, thus enabling enterprises to identify the strategic partners for their F&A transformation.
This RadarView includes a detailed analysis of the following finance and accounting service providers: Accenture, Capgemini, Cognizant, Concentrix, Conduent, DXC, EXL, Genpact, HCL, IBM, Infosys, NTT DATA, Sopra Steria, Sutherland, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, WNS.
The industry insights and recommendations are based on our ongoing interactions with enterprise CxOs and other key executives; targeted discussions with service providers, subject matter experts, and Avasant Fellows; and lessons learned from consulting engagements.
Our evaluation of service providers is based on primary input from the providers, focused briefings, public disclosures, validation from their clients, and our ongoing market interactions. The assessment is across the three dimensions of practice maturity, domain ecosystem, investments and innovation, leading to our recognition of those service providers that have brought the most value to the market over the last 12 months.
Table of Contents
About the Report (page 3)
Executive Summary (pages 5-7)
- Key F&A outsourcing trends shaping the market
- Avasant F&A Business Process Transformation 2020 RadarView™
F&A Business Process Transformation Market Trends (pages 8-20)
- F&A outsourcing gains momentum as enterprises explore outsourcing to ensure business viability post COVID-19
- Enterprises that had already outsourced their F&A processes could leverage service providers to mitigate the impact
- Enterprise preference for end-to-end finance function transformation is driving business process convergence
- Service providers are enhancing their integrated IT-Business Process capabilities by expanding their partnership networks
- Enterprises are increasingly looking to include functions adjacent to F&A
- As enterprises seek support for judgment-intensive processes, F&A service providers focus on enhancing domain expertise
- Service providers are adopting emerging technologies to drive transformation
- F&A service providers are leveraging blockchain through in-house development and partnerships
- F&A service providers are investing in off-the-shelf, vertical-specific solutions
- Acquisitions, R&D, new products, and talent help service providers meet evolving enterprise needs
RadarView Overview (pages 21-23)
- Assessment dimensions
- Research Methodology and Coverage
F&A Business Process Transformation 2020 RadarView™ (pages 24-26)
- Reading the RadarView
- F&A Business Process Transformation 2020 RadarView
Service Provider Profiles (pages 27-63)
Detailed profiles for Accenture, Capgemini, Cognizant, Concentrix, Conduent, DXC, EXL, Genpact, HCL, IBM, Infosys, NTT DATA, Sopra Steria, Sutherland, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, WNS.
Read the Research Byte based on this report.