This report helps Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region enterprises craft a robust strategy for digital transformation based on the region’s outlook and best practices. It begins with a summary of key political, economic, social, and technology trends shaping the region and Avasant’s viewpoint on the road ahead for GCC companies in the next 12 to 18 months.
We continue with a detailed assessment of 20 leading service providers. Each profile provides an overview of the service provider, its region-specific solutions, and a list of representative clients and partnerships, along with brief client case studies. Each profile concludes with analyst insights on the provider’s practice maturity, investments and innovations, and ecosystem development. The report can aid businesses in identifying the right partners and service providers to support their digital transformation journeys.
Why read this RadarView?
A substantive transformation program driven by digital-age technologies is underway in the GCC region. This program of change is founded on three overarching goals: diversifying from an oil-based economy, delivering best-in-class citizen services, and becoming a global technology hub. In response to GCC ambitions, service providers are enhancing their regional leadership, developing their local talent pools in AI, ML, and cybersecurity, and establishing regional partnerships.
This RadarView includes an analysis of the following service providers in the GCC region digital services space: Accenture, Capgemini, Coforge, Cognizant, DXC, e& enterprise, Emitac Enterprise Solutions, GBM, HCLTech, IBM, Infosys, Injazat, Intertec Systems, ITC Infotech, LTIMindtree, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Virtusa, Wipro, and YASH Technologies.
The regional insights and recommendations presented are based on our ongoing interactions with senior executives, vendors, subject matter experts, and Avasant Fellows, along with lessons learned from consulting engagements.
Our evaluation of service providers is based on primary input from the providers, focused briefings, both in-person and virtual, public disclosures, and Avasant’s ongoing market interactions. The assessment is across the three dimensions of practice maturity, investments and innovation, and ecosystem development, leading to our recognition of those service providers that have brought the most value to the market over the past 12 months.
Table of contents
About the report (Page 3)
Executive summary (Pages 4–7)
- Key trends shaping the GCC region
- Recommendations for private enterprises and public agencies
- Avasant recognizes 20 top-tier service providers supporting the GCC region in digital transformation
State of the market (Pages 8–24)
- GCC countries are working to facilitate trade and boost FDI. The GCC region is positioning itself as a financial services hub.
- Immigration laws are changing to promote an inclusive culture.
- Economic diversification is enabling digital initiatives across industries.
- Government entities are modernizing citizen services, adopting green tech, and investing in smart city projects.
- Enterprises are embracing the metaverse and focusing on immersive experiences.
Technology provider initiatives (Pages 25–29)
- Service providers are realigning their regional strategies.
- Providers are pushing the sustainability agenda by collaborating with diverse regional players.
- Service providers are launching in-house programs or collaborating with regional players to develop talent.
- Cloud providers are expanding their influence in the region.
RadarView overview (Pages 30–35)
- Methodology and coverage
- Interpretation of classification
- RadarView assessment
Service provider profiles (Pages 36–96)
- Detailed profiles for Accenture, Capgemini, Coforge, Cognizant, DXC, e& enterprise, Emitac Enterprise Solutions, GBM, HCLTech, IBM, Infosys, Injazat, Intertec Systems, ITC Infotech, LTIMindtree, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Virtusa, Wipro, and YASH Technologies.
Read the Research Byte based on this report.