This report helps manufacturing companies craft a robust strategy based on industry outlook, best practices, and digital transformation. It begins with a summary of key trends shaping the manufacturing market and Avasant’s viewpoint on the direction of the industry over the next 18 to 24 months.
We continue with a detailed assessment of 21 leading service providers. Each profile provides an overview of the service provider, its industry-specific solutions, and a list of representative clients and partnerships, along with brief client case studies. Each profile concludes with analyst insights on the provider’s practice maturity, investments and innovation, and partner ecosystem. The report can aid businesses in identifying the right partners and service providers to support their digital transformation journeys.
Why read this RadarView?
Manufacturers are under pressure to meet growing customer expectations despite increased production costs, a shortage of skilled workers, and the need to make new investments for Industry 4.0. To alleviate this pressure, they are investing in digital technologies to cut costs, shorten development cycles, reduce human dependency, mitigate risks from supply chain disruptions, and move toward sustainability. They are also working to diversify their business models and increase profitability. As this requires a strong integration of domain and technological expertise, manufacturers are collaborating with service providers for digital transformation.
This RadarView includes an analysis of the following service providers in the manufacturing digital services space: Accenture, Atos, Birlasoft, Capgemini, Cognizant, Fujitsu, HCL, Hitachi Vantara, IBM, Infosys, ITC Infotech, Kyndryl, LTI, Mindtree, NTT DATA, Softtek, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Virtusa, Wipro, and Zensar.
The industry insights and recommendations presented are based on our ongoing interactions with senior executives, vendors, subject matter experts, and Avasant Fellows, along with lessons learned from consulting engagements.
Our evaluation of service providers is based on primary input from the providers, focused briefings, public disclosures, and Avasant’s ongoing market interactions. The assessment is across three dimensions of practice maturity, investments and innovation, and partner ecosystem, leading to our recognition of those service providers that have brought the most value to the market over the past 12 months.
Table of contents
About the report (Page 3)
Scope and definition of the report (Pages 4–6)
Executive summary (Pages 7–9):
- Market drivers and enterprise response
- Avasant recognizes 21 top-tier providers supporting manufacturers in digital transformation
Enterprise trends (Pages 10–16)
- Industry 4.0 adoption is accelerating among manufacturing enterprises
- Manufacturers are focusing on aftermarket services and high-margin market segments to reduce financial stress
- Manufacturers are developing new sourcing strategies, technology, and reshoring to deal with supply chain disruptions
- Enterprises are tackling the workforce shortage
- Models for new sales and services are focusing on the customer
- Manufacturers are incorporating sustainability across the value chain
Service provider trends (Pages 17-19)
- Service providers are investing in emerging tech-centric offerings to support their clients’ transformation
RadarView overview (Pages 20–25)
- Methodology and coverage
- Interpretation of classification
- RadarView assessment
Service provider profiles (Pages 26–89)
- Detailed profiles for Accenture, Atos, Birlasoft, Capgemini, Cognizant, Fujitsu, HCL, Hitachi Vantara, IBM, Infosys, ITC Infotech, Kyndryl, LTI, Mindtree, NTT DATA, Softtek, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Virtusa, Wipro, and Zensar.
Read the Research Byte based on this report.